Audi A4 Head Unit

Started by ejcrows, January 22, 2017, 12:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ejcrows

Hey guys,

I just purchased a 2006 Audi A4, and the car itself is great, but the stock head unit needs to go. It only picks up Mai FM and it is doing my head in. I'm looking to get a touch screen double din head unit to replace it, but I know nothing about the brands or types and reviews for some models are hard to come by online. Can anyone recommend a brand that is great quality with an easy to use interface, or even a specific model? I'm currently looking at Pioneer, but open to recommendations.

Cheers

RS ZWEI

So you will have a B7 A4, and I guess its a Jap import since you can only get Mai FM?
What are you budgeting to spend and what features do you want?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

ejcrows

Looking to have it all done for under $1000 including the head unit. Just looking for some suggestions, this one looks to be the go at the moment unless anyone in the know can recommend better?

https://www.hyperdrive.co.nz/product/car-stereos/128/avh-x2850bt-head-unit/1179417/detail

McDoof

Similar conversation going on here, so you may be able to pick out some wisdom from this thread
http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php/topic,30663.0.html
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

GLIDN

If you are looking at an aftermarket solution?

Wiring loom alone will be approx $300 for the power to work as per OEM including steering wheel buttons integration.

Double din housing kit a good quality kit is also around $300. Then you have whatever radio you want to pick there after.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning