ESP Error : Won't start - unless i lock and unlock the car again with remote

Started by Pjai, January 05, 2017, 05:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pjai

Has anyone experienced this problem with their car? it pops up once in a while but more frequent recently.

I am pretty sure it has something to do with the immobiliser as the crank does not turn at all when the error pops up and then if I lock and unlock the car again, it usually starts fine.

Any ideas?

Any one has VCDS on the shore?

Cheers,
Peter

Filx

HI Peter, I've got VCDS - based in Beach Haven if you want to do a quick scan at some stage fire me a quick text or call on 021717199. Cheers, Phil
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

GLIDN

welcome back online Pjai, long time no hear.

I'm also happy to assist with scanning.
But sounds to me like the ignition barrel or IMMO ring are starting to play up.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

Pjai

Thanks Phil, I will drop you a text, I am in birkenhead, so it would be pretty handy :D

Yea, been a while Glidn lol car seems to playing up with minor these days :S starting to age i think lol

Pjai

Thanks to Phil, we were able to nail down the problem to a intermittent problem with communicating with the ECU but we were unsure of why.

Start with the easiest thing first, I swapped the two relays over in the engine bay fuse box and the problem seems to have gone away haha.

Now, does anyone know which one is for which component of the car? no new fault code popped up lol