Author Topic: How many Urquattros in New Zealand?  (Read 1518 times)

Offline RobClubley

• Audi Owner!
  • ###
  • Incessant car tinkerer
    • Rob's Skoda Octavia vRS
Re: How many Urquattros in New Zealand?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 10:35:46 am »
Sounds like you might have a list? :D

If any of the projects are like mine I'm not surprised they stalled, the car just wants more and more money thrown at it! I'll get there though. Need another job.

Offline slowburn

• #
  • how many is too many?
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 11:36:37 am »
i know of a definite 1 in palmy but i think he has another....i have seen the one and he doesn't drive it,he is a semi retired panel beater and has many 100/200s
89 200 quattro exclusive
85 coupe quattro
85 coupe GT
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Offline FFS

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 05:53:34 pm »
Another was a white one in Tauranga with a broken motor which popped up on Trademe about 2007/8, or thereabouts. Does anyone remember that one, and know whether it was recommissioned or where it went to? Is it the pearl MB from Tauranga that's been at some of the Ellerslie shows?

Re the likelihood of a few tucked away, hopefully there are some parts hordes awaiting future discovery then!

I'm not allowed to wreck the WR, my 18 yr old daughter has pinched it from me and has started a savings account for its refurb, bless her. She's a cunning one, and I'm stupid, so when I tried to buy her out by getting her a different car, it didn't work.

Offline John Stone

• On the lookout for a warm weather pattern
  • #
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 06:09:29 pm »
I'm not allowed to wreck the WR, my 18 yr old daughter has pinched it from me and has started a savings account for its refurb, bless her. She's a cunning one, and I'm stupid, so when I tried to buy her out by getting her a different car, it didn't work.

John how about just buying another one.......
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

Offline RRURQ

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 06:10:13 pm »
Your daughter is very smart... lol The Pearl MB in Tauranga that shows at Ellerslie has had one family ownership pretty much from new and passed from father to son, came from UK originally and moved to NZ with current owner, beautiful example that has been restored.

Offline FFS

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 07:03:55 pm »

John how about just buying another one.......

Lol. - Help me find one!

(Actually, I did hear something recently about another one potentially for sale.)

Offline FFS

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 07:07:41 pm »
Your daughter is very smart... lol The Pearl MB in Tauranga that shows at Ellerslie has had one family ownership pretty much from new and passed from father to son, came from UK originally and moved to NZ with current owner, beautiful example that has been restored.

Yes I think the Tauranga one was a WR. The current owner of the pearl one was telling me several years ago that he inspected it for a purchaser when he and it were still in Britain, little realising he would one day own it himself.

Offline RRURQ

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 07:18:34 pm »
Yes I think the Tauranga one was a WR. The current owner of the pearl one was telling me several years ago that he inspected it for a purchaser when he and it were still in Britain, little realising he would one day own it himself.

The White WR under cover owned by Stefan at Ray Haslar was possibly available but not advertised, +64 21 227 4137.

Offline FFS

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 09:44:03 pm »
I'm truly not in the market for another, but I'll ask tomorrow whether the Hasler one is it. I paid only semi-attention to the mention of the one possibly for sale, and asked whether it's the newer rounded Audi or with the blistered guards, as I've encountered a few people who say their brother in law, or their mate, or whoever once had an Audi like mine but when quizzed they have never known for certain whether it was Audi quattro or coupe/Coupe Quattro.

Where's Malcolm Stewarts road urq nowadays?

Offline John Stone

• On the lookout for a warm weather pattern
  • #
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 06:52:59 am »
I'm truly not in the market for another, but I'll ask tomorrow whether the Hasler one is it. I paid only semi-attention to the mention of the one possibly for sale, and asked whether it's the newer rounded Audi or with the blistered guards, as I've encountered a few people who say their brother in law, or their mate, or whoever once had an Audi like mine but when quizzed they have never known for certain whether it was Audi quattro or coupe/Coupe Quattro.

Where's Malcolm Stewarts road urq nowadays?

Still in Hawkes Bay as far as I know although I haven't heard from Hugh for some time.
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

Offline RS ZWEI

• Administrator
  • ####
    • http://www.vask.org.nz
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 08:00:04 am »
Still in Hawkes Bay as far as I know although I haven't heard from Hugh for some time.

Yes it is, Hugh doesn't know it anymore, but it's owned by a friend of mines father.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26

Offline RRURQ

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 10:23:11 am »
Was a great looking quattro from memory, I think he showed it at Ellerslie one year when I had the RS2.

Offline Audidude

• ##
    • Audidude's home on the web
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 07:04:52 pm »
Yes agree MB rarest here and UK too, is the Black one you refer to Rex's RR?

You mean the black non-NZ new RR? As you have the white non-NZ one and Horch (who should know) says there are only 4 RRs left in NZ (the 3 NZ new ones and yours), the black one must have been exported - and I think that was Rex who took it with him??

Horch has the white NZ new RR I believe (Auckland), I have the red one (Hamilton), and the black one (ex  Dave Eaton, ex Rohd Murray) is now domiciled in Hamilton. I have been in touch with the owner but we haven't met yet.

RRs have shot up dramatically in UK sales over the 4 years I've owned mine.

The 3 NZ new ones are in excellent condition, the red and black ones in very close to factory original spec. Mine is rust free. Don't know about the others (Horch?).

'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale - see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM  - Championship White
'15 Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2 Black, full leather interior

Offline RS ZWEI

• Administrator
  • ####
    • http://www.vask.org.nz
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 08:25:26 pm »
There are 5 RR's in NZ Scouts honor.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26

Offline RRURQ

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 09:07:56 pm »
Yes agree, the 3 NZ New one's plus my White RR UK import and Rex's Black RR import which is now back in NZ, was chatting to him at Galaxy of Cars and he was showing me some pics as just started working on the engine with head off etc.