How many Urquattros in New Zealand?

Started by RobClubley, February 20, 2017, 10:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowburn

yeah,i was wondering about that too martyn,long time no post? how you doing man?
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

FFS

On the subject of how many ur quattros in NZ, there are some others I recall from along the way and which may still be kicking around somewhere. I'll list them below, and someone else may be able to shed some more light on them. In fact maybe we could list all the cars we know of, and a bit about them if anyone's keen, and see what sort of list we end up with. Worthwhile or no? I'll start one off anyway listing the ones I have learnt a bit about, plus my own cars. I'll leave the mainstream known urq's to be included by their current owners if they wish to. Feel free to add to it.

1) A light bronze RR purchased by Rex Archer from a car dealer on The Strand in Parnell, Auckland, around 1998. I don't know the colour exact, I never saw it but I corresponded with him at the time. Is he Rex who took his black urq overseas? Is it the same car repainted perhaps?

2) The blue 10v alloy-blocked WR which featured in NZ Classic car. Is that the car which member Blue10v converted to 20v?

3) A black urq owned (and occasionally raced by) Tubbs Wanigasekera here in NZ back in the 1990's. He put it in storage to preserve it and instead then raced a Subaru Legacy. - He went on to drive in BTCC in Britain then to manage Aaron Slight in it, and also managed Emmerdale actor Kelvin Fletcher in Porsche GT3 Cup challenge, - something it appears the both of them are still involved. (As if that's not enough, along the way Wanigasekera started a chain of successful coffee houses in the UK.)

4) My first urq, an 83 Mars Red WR. NJ1444. I sold it about 2000 through a car dealer in Auckland. Deregistered in 2004, the person who bought it ruined it and left it sitting under a tree. It was subsequently purchased by a car wrecker for a worthwhile low sum and who, as at 2010/11, was refurbishing it.

5) Glen and Craig Hughes Mars Red WR, occasionally rallyed. NQ3549. I spoke with Craig years ago, and the car was in need of some parts then, and was off the road in Christchurch. There is a record on the internet of the car retiring from a 2007 rally due to mechanical failure. Nik knew the original owner/importer (UR Mad) by the sound of an earlier thread.

6) My daughters Lago WR, at home under cover. TX8639. Imported from UK in 1996, deregistered in 2000. Complete and drives, is awaiting refurbishment (rust issues). Imported and fitted a replacement digital dash from the UK recently, the car had none when I bought it.

7) My pearl MB. NS2146. Manufactured late 87, imported from UK and registered in NZ on 11th Jan 1988.

RobClubley

You all know about mine :)

8 ) Project Rusty. Almost back on the road. 1985 Montego Black WR, UK new and imported to NZ in 1995. Has had 7 owners in NZ, been damaged and repaired at least once.  Parked in a paddock in Tauranga from 2005 for about 7 years then in a shed for another 3-4 years.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

Audidude

Quote from: Horch on March 03, 2017, 12:08:03 AM
Ok I'm in if you can get the Graphite 20v to attend then let's get the old girls back together for a reunion. Almost be sure EMD will value the local historic value of such a reunion for a classic segment of the Audi magazine all those years on. 

Graphite, Tornado & Alpine.... The last time the three cars were together was in 1990 lined up in a lockup off carbine road Mt Wellington brand spanking new unregistered. They were surrounded by Audi 80s 100s and a small number of 200s. This was significant at the time to order 3 cars of this value as stock.

Early days prior to the Ur quattro title ever being invented they were more commonly referred too on the inside as the 'Full House quattro' which to me was the genesis title for the beast they were.  Just as it is today there was a lot of 'quattro' speak relating to the model range being sedan, coupe and avant variants of the day.

Full House quattro only related to the flagship as it was.  Anyway bring back Group B .....

Anyone know Horch? I?ve PMd him re getting the 3 NZ new 20Vs  together again, as two of us, the red and black, are getting together on the 18th Nov, but no reply.

Can someone give him a nudge please?
'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior

Pushbutton_auto

Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

Audidude

A few of us are getting together for a classic car road trip and dinner in Taupo.
ur quattros x2, E30 M3  AM Vantage hopefully RS2. Trying to get hold of Horch to get the white NZ new 20V along. Can someone message me his contact phone or email?
'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior