How many Urquattros in New Zealand?

Started by RobClubley, February 20, 2017, 10:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFS

Quote from: John Stone on February 22, 2017, 06:09:29 PM

John how about just buying another one.......

Lol. - Help me find one!

(Actually, I did hear something recently about another one potentially for sale.)

FFS

Quote from: RRURQ on February 22, 2017, 06:10:13 PM
Your daughter is very smart... lol The Pearl MB in Tauranga that shows at Ellerslie has had one family ownership pretty much from new and passed from father to son, came from UK originally and moved to NZ with current owner, beautiful example that has been restored.

Yes I think the Tauranga one was a WR. The current owner of the pearl one was telling me several years ago that he inspected it for a purchaser when he and it were still in Britain, little realising he would one day own it himself.

WRURQ

Quote from: FFS on February 22, 2017, 07:07:41 PM
Yes I think the Tauranga one was a WR. The current owner of the pearl one was telling me several years ago that he inspected it for a purchaser when he and it were still in Britain, little realising he would one day own it himself.

The White WR under cover owned by Stefan at Ray Haslar was possibly available but not advertised, +64 21 227 4137.

FFS

I'm truly not in the market for another, but I'll ask tomorrow whether the Hasler one is it. I paid only semi-attention to the mention of the one possibly for sale, and asked whether it's the newer rounded Audi or with the blistered guards, as I've encountered a few people who say their brother in law, or their mate, or whoever once had an Audi like mine but when quizzed they have never known for certain whether it was Audi quattro or coupe/Coupe Quattro.

Where's Malcolm Stewarts road urq nowadays?

John Stone

Quote from: FFS on February 22, 2017, 09:44:03 PM
I'm truly not in the market for another, but I'll ask tomorrow whether the Hasler one is it. I paid only semi-attention to the mention of the one possibly for sale, and asked whether it's the newer rounded Audi or with the blistered guards, as I've encountered a few people who say their brother in law, or their mate, or whoever once had an Audi like mine but when quizzed they have never known for certain whether it was Audi quattro or coupe/Coupe Quattro.

Where's Malcolm Stewarts road urq nowadays?

Still in Hawkes Bay as far as I know although I haven't heard from Hugh for some time.
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

RS ZWEI

Quote from: John Stone on February 23, 2017, 06:52:59 AM
Still in Hawkes Bay as far as I know although I haven't heard from Hugh for some time.

Yes it is, Hugh doesn't know it anymore, but it's owned by a friend of mines father.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

WRURQ

Was a great looking quattro from memory, I think he showed it at Ellerslie one year when I had the RS2.

Audidude

Quote from: RRURQ on February 20, 2017, 02:19:36 PM
Yes agree MB rarest here and UK too, is the Black one you refer to Rex's RR?

You mean the black non-NZ new RR? As you have the white non-NZ one and Horch (who should know) says there are only 4 RRs left in NZ (the 3 NZ new ones and yours), the black one must have been exported - and I think that was Rex who took it with him??

Horch has the white NZ new RR I believe (Auckland), I have the red one (Hamilton), and the black one (ex  Dave Eaton, ex Rohd Murray) is now domiciled in Hamilton. I have been in touch with the owner but we haven't met yet.

RRs have shot up dramatically in UK sales over the 4 years I've owned mine.

The 3 NZ new ones are in excellent condition, the red and black ones in very close to factory original spec. Mine is rust free. Don't know about the others (Horch?).

'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior

RS ZWEI

There are 5 RR's in NZ Scouts honor.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

WRURQ

Yes agree, the 3 NZ New one's plus my White RR UK import and Rex's Black RR import which is now back in NZ, was chatting to him at Galaxy of Cars and he was showing me some pics as just started working on the engine with head off etc.

Horch

Quote from: Audidude on March 01, 2017, 07:04:52 PM
The 3 NZ new ones are in excellent condition, the red and black ones in very close to factory original spec. Mine is rust free. Don't know about the others (Horch?).

The NZ new alpine 20v has had an engine enhancement which was an increase in capacity using a new crankshaft and rods. The Nothelle tuning company made available a number of performance packages which included engine bottom end control unit, turbo dump valve upgrades etc.  I have all the invoices and the kit alone cost DM11,000 in the day. Not including installation.

The bonus is I received all the original items with the purchase so returning it to std spec is totally possible.
It has still a nice linear torque curve just far more urgency similar to an RS2.

The car has not seen rain and is still very clean. I worked out that during my ownership it has only travelled approx 700km per year.

2018 Porsche 991 Carrera T Manual
1988 urquattro MB
1986 MB 300SL
1956 DKW RT250
2006 Vespa PX200

Audidude

Quote from: Horch on March 01, 2017, 11:19:36 PM
The NZ new alpine 20v has had an engine enhancement which was an increase in capacity using a new crankshaft and rods. The Nothelle tuning company made available a number of performance packages which included engine bottom end control unit, turbo dump valve upgrades etc.  I have all the invoices and the kit alone cost DM11,000 in the day. Not including installation.

The bonus is I received all the original items with the purchase so returning it to std spec is totally possible.
It has still a nice linear torque curve just far more urgency similar to an RS2.

The car has not seen rain and is still very clean. I worked out that during my ownership it has only travelled approx 700km per year.

Brilliant.

I must work out my annual KMs (at work again..) but i'm pretty sure in 4 years it's done less than 6000kms, and that was with one road trip in Easter 2013 from Hamilton to the opening of Highlands Motorsport Park in Cromwell.
The only problem we had on the trip (undertaken with a little anxiety in a 23 year old car), was a broken throttle cable cam on the throttle body - caused by a temporary repair I had put in place using a circlip rather than the original clip, which cut through the plastic cam - fixed with a cable tie (what else?!). I have since sourced a replacement throttle body from Audi Tradition (at silly money!) and fixed properly. That was the only way I could source the cam part.

My friend who shared the driving with me is a dyed in the wool Honda guy (no he doesn't wear his cap backwards!) - and after driving his first stint he expressed extremely high praise for the way the car drove. He was actually very surprised at how good it was. :)

Likewise I avoid rain like the plague - these cars (even the 20Vs) were not completely galvanised (tragically, as Rob C will attest!). It is unclear (at least to me) which components are galvanised in the body - Horch?

It would be great to get the 3 NZ new 20Vs together for a photoshoot and chin wag - perhaps as part of an ur quattro get together when Rob's project is done (what an awesome undertaking!).

Here's some pictures of the red and black cars together in Napier soon after I bought mine - thanks to Nik and Matt G for organising the get together :). The liveried up WR is still owned by the then owner of the black car, Rohd Murray I think - Nik may be able to confirm. It's a dress up, not a rally spec car.

'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior

RobClubley

I'd love to think that I can get mine done for the September 30th VASK meet at Taupo but I can't guarantee it. Definitely up for a meet up when mine's done :D
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

Horch

Quote from: Audidude on March 02, 2017, 09:32:41 AM

It would be great to get the 3 NZ new 20Vs together for a photoshoot and chin wag - perhaps as part of an ur quattro get together when Rob's project is done (what an awesome undertaking!).

Ok I'm in if you can get the Graphite 20v to attend then let's get the old girls back together for a reunion. Almost be sure EMD will value the local historic value of such a reunion for a classic segment of the Audi magazine all those years on. 

Graphite, Tornado & Alpine.... The last time the three cars were together was in 1990 lined up in a lockup off carbine road Mt Wellington brand spanking new unregistered. They were surrounded by Audi 80s 100s and a small number of 200s. This was significant at the time to order 3 cars of this value as stock.

Early days prior to the Ur quattro title ever being invented they were more commonly referred too on the inside as the 'Full House quattro' which to me was the genesis title for the beast they were.  Just as it is today there was a lot of 'quattro' speak relating to the model range being sedan, coupe and avant variants of the day.

Full House quattro only related to the flagship as it was.  Anyway bring back Group B .....

2018 Porsche 991 Carrera T Manual
1988 urquattro MB
1986 MB 300SL
1956 DKW RT250
2006 Vespa PX200

Audi do

Curious to know how many coupe quattro are in New Zealand?.

slowburn

i know of mine,a blue one and a beautiful low km red one in welly
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Audi do

Quote from: slowburn on June 12, 2017, 09:35:18 AM
i know of mine,a blue one and a beautiful low km red one in welly
And mine which makes four.

slowburn

there is that white one with black leather that was for sale a couple of years back on TM....so that is 5 that i can verify
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

onthebogalot

I still have a WR in my garage no money to get it back on the road, one day I keep saying.
86 WR Quattro

FFS

Quote from: onthebogalot on October 22, 2017, 09:21:43 PM
I still have a WR in my garage no money to get it back on the road, one day I keep saying.

What further needs doing now, any progress?