How the MKV became the WRX/EVO for the Millenial Generation

Started by ranton-inc, February 16, 2017, 09:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranton-inc

Ironic how the polar opposite to this Marketing Campaign occoured

https://youtu.be/pWMpHc77qNI

I find it funny how MkVs are the Millenial generations car that seem to be the go-to these days to get dat Boost feelz

And drive like a absolute sack of potatos in the most in appropriate of places and times.. thanks but i dont need to listen your drippy drain pipe exhaust as you feel the need to rape your making fart noises with your fake manual car up and down the mean streats of East Coast Road in the middle of the night...

::)

McDoof

I quite like my almost stock MK5 for exactly the reason those ads show. It's understated but still has a bit of get up and go. It's something for the "grown up" boy racer  >:D
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

schattenblau

^^^  ditto

:D

to be fair it's not just mk5's that get riced.

anything cheap - euros and jap alike.

crusher collins could re-brand as the un-pimpinator

>:D

spooln

They all need straight pipe side exit exhaust and diesel....;)
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

ranton-inc

McDoof

NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

Filx

Pretty simple reason I think.

Small(ish), turbo charged hatchbacks have been popular in NZ since the mid 80s with the demographic that wants a practical but fun and tunable car. Somewhere in the late '90s the Japanese manufacturers abandoned making that style of car and focused on mass transit, snooze boxes and most of the Europeans aside from VW were pretty much into lukewarm NA engines for their sports models.

So now 10 or so years after Mk5s hit the street they are at the value that 18-25 years can afford and what else is there out there that drives as well as a Mk5 and is so easy to tune and personlise?
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

schattenblau

the head un-pimper is none other than peter stormare - famous as nihilist #1 in the big lebowski

:laugh:

ranton-inc

Quote from: Filx on February 16, 2017, 04:54:52 PM
Pretty simple reason I think.

I totally Get that, I just thought about this ad campaign this morning... and thought of the Irony.... :)

Filx

Quote from: ranton-inc on February 16, 2017, 07:08:17 PM
I totally Get that, I just thought about this ad campaign this morning... and thought of the Irony.... :)

Ahhh gotcha mate! I mis-read your post title is "how did the...."  :)
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning