RNS 510 code

Started by JaseNZ, February 22, 2017, 09:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaseNZ

So turned up pretty quick , got it in from the states. 2015 module. Wiring loom came in from ebay within a week which really surprised me.

All up $324 nzd.

Works very well and was a pretty easy install. Have to figure out how to stop it launching the streaming media player when I start up the car, haven't quite figured that one out yet.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding : Ice cream man , Ice cream man

thomas.dq

2020 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
2016 Nissan Leaf

1997 Mk3 Golf VR6
2010 Mk6 Golf GTI

JaseNZ

So controls turned up today , was a pretty simple install, hardest part I found was getting the bloody air bag out. Anyway all in and all working well, even activated the PTT its a bit hit and miss but its ok.

keithmnz

Hi GLIDN, how much for a replacement RNS510 head unit for a Mk 6 Golf GTI

JaseNZ

They are not cheap unless you can find one being parted out in a wreck which I was unable to do. I only managed to get mine because they thought it was stuffed but I managed to fix it. You can buy new out of aussie but they charge $1600.
When I get home I will try and find the site I got my Bluetooth module off of as they were selling all models of them at a pretty good price.

Naekyr

Tried the junkyard route aswell, apparently there are zero Golfs (that could have the 510 equiped) in Auckland, could only find much older golfs in the yards

80 Vert

Just bought one off TM out of an Amarok, fitted it to the T5 today.
Nice to be all OEM with camera and bluetooth which is all working great.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

JaseNZ

I got my Bluetooth module off these guys and they have the full range of iterations of the RNS
https://eurozonetuning.com/collections/rns510_nav_systems

Chchgti35

Yes the codes can be problematic,  This is an old thread and this is a little off topic but my son had a car with factory stereo which was asking for the code (97 Saab) when he bought it. The Saab dealers are of course all Holden dealers and they were zero help, the original selling dealer was out of business in Wellington so I was out of options. I traced back through the extensive list of receipts that came with the car (poor sod that bought it new must have had no hair left) and saw that one garage in Wellington had removed and re installed the radio 10 years before, i phoned and the very helpful lady still had the invoice on file. She gave me the code and it was alive again, apologies for ramble but he was stoked to have the stereo going. Amazing what you can find out from old invoices but then I am just trying to justify my hoarding personality .....