Bolt on DP

Started by DTM, February 25, 2017, 11:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTM

Hi guys took delivery of my mk5 gti a week ago and really enjoying it so far plus the dsg makes life so much easier with the hectic traffic in Auckland. I just want to know more or less what a bolt on dp made up from a local exhaust shop will cost and who would you recommend . I won't be doing the cat back that will stay stock.

Thanks  :)

The Red Warrior

Don't know who to recommend as such, but would it not be cheaper to buy a ready made one either from tradeMe, overseas or from members on here such as GLIDN?

Are you looking at going to a stage 2 tune?

Brett

PM GLIDN(Hennie). He can suss tune and downpipe and make your car a undercover beast
Previous:MKIII Golf GL, MKIV Golf GTI, E36 325i, E36 323i, B5 S4 sedan, C32 AMG, B5 S4 avant, BMW 740iL, MKV Golf Gti 2dr.

Current:
Company car
Weekend toy-2007 Golf Gti Edition 30

JPK

You need a Stage 2 tune as well or you will throw a CEL.

Check my build thread for a bit of info on what I used.
A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

Dirty0

Everytime I try to message GLIDN it says his inbox is full and can't send it lol

GLIDN

hey Dirty0.
sorry I get a high volume of PM'S for multiple reasons.
I have downpipe in Stock and easily can tune.

cleared my PM'S.  if you would like additional info?
please send me a message.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

DTM

Thanks for the reply guys. I don't want to do sw at all. On my last three VAG cars I never picked up cel error at all by just doing the dp. I basically want get rid of that horrible oem system free up a few ponies and dsg fart through the gears. If i even get to 60km/h in this traffic I'm hauling lol.

The Red Warrior

You could just do the precat delete then. That'll get you a little bit of what you're after and it's free

schattenblau

you want to get rid of the dsg fart ?

???    :o    :laugh:

DTM

I would prefer to do the full dp up until the centre where it connects the the oem cat back system. I don't want to get rid of the dsg fart but to make more audible for some fun while driving.

Naekyr

al info I can find says once you replace the DP the CEL will pop up, unless you either mess around with O2 spacers or tune it

GLIDN

I have a downpipe ready to be fitted in case anyone wants a downpipe for their mk5/6

Thanks
Hennie

DTM

Quote from: Naekyr on March 02, 2017, 08:11:42 PM
al info I can find says once you replace the DP the CEL will pop up, unless you either mess around with O2 spacers or tune it
One could also fit a minicat (cat fooler) to avoid cel light as a safe measure without doing sw.

DTM

Quote from: GLIDN on March 03, 2017, 04:46:44 PM
I have a downpipe ready to be fitted in case anyone wants a downpipe for their mk5/6

Thanks
Hennie

If this is still around in a few months time I will contact you. How many paper monies is the dp going for?

GLIDN

Quote from: DTM on March 04, 2017, 07:21:28 AM
If this is still around in a few months time I will contact you. How many paper monies is the dp going for?

Parts don't hang around man.
This I'm actually selling on behalf. Due to the owner being in some financial troubles. So trying to help the kid out.

McDoof

How much is he after? $$
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

slowmo

What downpipe is it Hennie and does it require a stage 2 tune otherwise you get a CEL?
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

JPK

To add my two cents.

1. Yes you can add a DP without a tune. But you will need a spacer for the 2nd o2 sensor. This does not avoid a CEL in all cases.
2. If the DP has a highflow cat, this willl still likely throw a CEL due to extra airflow.
3. These engines have 2 o2 sensors (pre and post cat). Not all VAG engines have this, hence why the OP may have been fine with other cars.
4. Without a Stage 2 tune the car wont be optimised for the extra airflow and therefore the benefits of the DP wont be anywhere near what it would be with a stage 2 tune.
A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

GLIDN

Quote from: JPK on March 07, 2017, 09:24:49 AM
To add my two cents.

1. Yes you can add a DP without a tune. But you will need a spacer for the 2nd o2 sensor. This does not avoid a CEL in all cases.
2. If the DP has a highflow cat, this willl still likely throw a CEL due to extra airflow.
3. These engines have 2 o2 sensors (pre and post cat). Not all VAG engines have this, hence why the OP may have been fine with other cars.
4. Without a Stage 2 tune the car wont be optimised for the extra airflow and therefore the benefits of the DP wont be anywhere near what it would be with a stage 2 tune.

Well said JPK.

It's a CTS branded downpipe.
Yes as per JPK's information. Ideally to allow the car to run optimally and efficiently Stage 2 software will be required additional to downpipe being installed.

Anyone that wants the DP? Please send me a PM.

slowmo

Quote from: GLIDN on March 07, 2017, 09:52:11 AM
Well said JPK.

It's a CTS branded downpipe.
Yes as per JPK's information. Ideally to allow the car to run optimally and efficiently Stage 2 software will be required additional to downpipe being installed.

Anyone that wants the DP? Please send me a PM.

I've messaged you on FB Hennie, i'm in Auckland in 2 weeks.  :laugh:
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM