B5 RS4 Red - Unknown history

Started by grale, February 25, 2017, 04:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grale

Hello, New member here. I've just purchased the low mileage red 2001 B5 RS4 recently listed on TM. Regrettably, there's no service documentation with the car. It has a string of previous registration numbers: JQE109 (current); EVLRS4 ; FRW701; RS4B5; DSL434; and originally AFQ717. Can anyone shed light on its previous history, especially any significant maintenance work it may have had? Thanks

schattenblau

hi grale,

i remember when the car was first offered for sale back in 2009.

it was low mileage 24,000km, $75k

the car went south to team hutchinson ford chch ~ 2011

in 2016 it ended up at trade-in car centre chch.

being nz new, audi nz should have service records ?

grale

Thanks for the prompt response and advice re contacting Audi NZ. I now realise the car was previously owned by a forum member called John "Thermoman" who posted about it here several times. Very frustrated the service record and handbook are gone as I'm a bit of an obsessive with my cars.

le mans

Thermoman on here used to own it. Here's a link to him: http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php?action=profile;u=3771
He last posted on here back in Jan. Send him a PM.

grale

Thanks for the input. Sent a PM to Thermoman and hopefully await his response. I have seen 2 threads on this forum regarding the car. The most recent "$40,000 for a Audi RS4 B5?" from March 2016. http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php/topic,41482.msg439147.html#msg439147 where 89 Coupe says "Has full service history from new in CHCH, from Archibald's and then when it lived in Auckland from Giltrap's I think it was.. either that or Continental. I didn't read into the History any more than that."
Audi NZ unable to provide info.

schattenblau

looking thru my photos etc. i have a video with descriptive commentary that team hutchinson ford chch made when they were selling the car back in 2011.

pm yr email address and i'll fwd it to you.

;)

RS ZWEI

Quote from: grale on February 25, 2017, 04:03:38 PM
Hello, New member here. I've just purchased the low mileage red 2001 B5 RS4 recently listed on TM. Regrettably, there's no service documentation with the car. It has a string of previous registration numbers: JQE109 (current); EVLRS4 ; FRW701; RS4B5; DSL434; and originally AFQ717. Can anyone shed light on its previous history, especially any significant maintenance work it may have had? Thanks

Is this the car currently on TM?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Poonmobile

have a look in the space under the steering wheel, it is quite well hidden just in case you have spotted it yet. Very unusual for a car like that to not have it's books...
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

grale

Yes, That's it. The seller has left it on TM but with a "Now Sold" notice.

KA2S4

A guy called Royden here in CHCH said he owned it at the same time it was listed for sale at the trade-in centre strangely enough. But i don't always believe what he says as he works for Duttons in AUS buying Ferraris and the like for "himself" then sending them overseas for sale.

Then the RS4 appeared for sale up north all of a sudden.
'01 B5 RS4 Black   
'99 NZ Golf GTI black
'67 Cooper S "works replica"
'64 Cooper S 970cc
'62 cooper 997

grale

Thanks for that. The previous owner bought it in Christchurch from the 'Trade In Car Centre' and drove it back to Auckland. I believe lack of garaging forced him to "move it on". I'd appreciate your asking Royden whether he has the service documentation for the car - or recalls seeing it. Must be somewhere!

S1

It used to sit beside my racecar when Thermoman had it , he had a V10 RS6 as well but loved the RS4 more , was very well pampered , I heard he got 30k from an Aussie dude 
whats broken this week , hold on ill get my wallet

grale

Interesting. Do you know when that sale was? Roughly March last year?
I guess the Aussie buyer was KA2S4 's Royden, who put it on sale or return with the CHCH dealers - before they eventually bought it off him.
The dealer said they didn't ever get the service book from the previous owner.
So it might yet be found.

S1

Yeah around March year , he sold up everything
whats broken this week , hold on ill get my wallet