Audi 200 bits

Started by Pushbutton_auto, February 28, 2017, 02:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowburn

spent all day cleaning the outside, still looks rough, try and clean the inside tomorrow on my break with a vac, its at the mechanics, they're gonna take a look at why she ain't firing...i reckon the fuel pump is toast...or if i am lucky ,its the relay.... got some vice grips on the valance and untwisted it... bent back roughly to shape....that front left corner is the messy bit...what happened there? i didn't do it, i have driven it about 1500km tops since i got her off you... lets figure out a way to get that stuff down here. i may have to get a mate to pick it up or drive up in the wagon and get it all...scarce pickings these days
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Pushbutton_auto

Yeah wasted az (mates 50th) way up north, did a tight turn around a overgrown grass, ::) hump, front left dropped in a hole with a covered up fence post, bam, I thought it fudged everything but only the guard and lower scoop (valance ?). 

Had a whole truck yard to turn around and just decided to the tighty ....    ::)

Have you got some photos ?   

I will try and keep everything till you have all required parts.

Love the ooze and should have kept it and sold CHiP, but thems da breaks  ...  :-\
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

Pushbutton_auto

Just thinking I may have another fuel pump ... hmmmmmmm

i think I took one off the grey 200, just in case,

I will check, but it will be a few days az we have a major ride and party this weekend.  >:D

Strange, the fuel pump was good (gauge was inaccurate) and the alternator was definitely the best one, and a decent panelbeater or handy guy could beat or roll the guard in to shape.  Only reason i didn't sort it, was the new car and too many in the driveway (ie selling it), it still drove like the beast it always was.

slowburn

Maybe it's just the relay ? Hope so, I'm just in the process of trying to get her on the road and fingers crossed a wof. Reg has been on hold for ages....lots of lil niggles around the edges with her . Will try and get you some pics when she's mobile again
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

90_B2 Quattro

Relay solders can dry out and crack, had this issue on my 90.

Pushbutton_auto

Got a BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG box of relays, should have one for the pump.

Get the number.

slowburn

will do tomorrow,hope its just that
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

00quattro00

Just pull the relay out and put in a jumper, will find out in 2mins  whether its the relay
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

slowburn

ok, on to the next problem....i need a left hand side rear brake caliper with the hand brake link on it for 200, anyone have one? mike? PBA? Anyone? it's pretty much the last thing stopping it from getting a wof...the whole caliper is pretty shot and corroded ....
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

00quattro00

No I dumped all the 200 stuff a few weeks ago. They are the same caliper as any other model
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

90_B2 Quattro

Will one off a B2 90 quattro work? I have one spare off my parts car.

slowburn

i'm not sure? is it a girling 38?
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

slowburn

stock pic
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Pushbutton_auto

re Brakes:

Yeah, only on CHiP tho, no spares ...

slowburn

no worries, thanks for the reply PBA
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon