Insurance Valuation - Classic Audi Club

Started by WRURQ, March 10, 2017, 11:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audi do

Quote from: RS ZWEI on June 21, 2017, 09:40:16 AM
$26,000 or $2,600?
If a NZ insurance company is saying $26,000 for an N/A quattro coupe they have quoted you for a turbo.
I was quoted $26,000, I asked if they would insure the car if it had a turbo engine fitted and they said they do it on a case by case basis.

VW'n

I have recintly switched to http://www.classiccover.co.nz
For the Mk2 full cover wasn't much more then 3rd party with ami.
Not sure what they are like come claim time but the policy seems suited to enthusiasts.
06 B6 Passat Wagon 2L Turbo (Family Wagon)
87 Mk2 Golf silver (the toy)
95 mk3 gti rusty ABF (Sold)
86 Mk2 Golf red (sold)
89 Mk2 Golf blue (sold)
85 Mk2 Golf GTI silver (parted)

Pristle

Quote from: RRURQ on March 10, 2017, 07:14:50 PM
Here is a link to the valuation you can get if you join the Audi Classic Car Club https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmz5u764qxl3dsq/Al%20Lowe%20.pdf?dl=0

Leisure Suit Larry??

EDIT: for the uninformed, google the name Al Lowe.

GlenT

I have my Ur valued at NZ$55k. The premiums through AMI are $677 annually.
What are others paying from different insurers? Thinking it maybe worth trying a stand alone classic car insurer.
I cover a small handful of miles per year (usually only the drive to obtain a WoF).

WRURQ

I have classic policy with AMI and insured for $80,000 and costs $311 per annum.

GlenT

Quote from: RRURQ on October 25, 2017, 06:05:22 PM
I have classic policy with AMI and insured for $80,000 and costs $311 per annum.
Interesting. I shall see if they're prepared to sharpen their pencil as I thought my premium was rather high.
We have all of our insurance through AMI.
Thanks for that.

le mans

I enquired about Classic cover for the RS2 through AMI and from memory they asked if the car would be used more than once per month, which I said in general, yes as I usually try to get it out every couple of weeks. So it's under a normal comprehensive policy and costing me about $720 pa in Auckland (which tends to have higher premiums than other places).

GlenT

Spoke to AMI today and they say now that they have new underwriters the policies have changed. "classic" now means pre 1970 rather than the previous 30 years old. Plus they have far more strict conditions such as it has to be a "limited" edition. I probed as to what "limited" entailed, and apparently it needs to have "limited edition" in it's description. Sounds pretty iffy to me.
My Ur is an 1987 so would've just come in under the old metrics.
They now forward this type of cover direct to Swann Insurance, so I'm waiting on a call from them with a quote.
So RRURQ, do not cancel your policy with AMI as from what they are now saying it wouldn't be renewed as a classic.

VW'n

Quote from: GlenT on October 26, 2017, 02:03:05 PM
Spoke to AMI today and they say now that they have new underwriters the policies have changed. "classic" now means pre 1970 rather than the previous 30 years old. Plus they have far more strict conditions such as it has to be a "limited" edition. I probed as to what "limited" entailed, and apparently it needs to have "limited edition" in it's description. Sounds pretty iffy to me.
They now forward this type of cover direct to Swann Insurance, so I'm waiting on a call from them with a quote.
So RRURQ, do not cancel your policy with AMI as from what they are now saying it wouldn't be renewed as a classic.

Have you tryed these guys?
http://www.classiccover.co.nz
06 B6 Passat Wagon 2L Turbo (Family Wagon)
87 Mk2 Golf silver (the toy)
95 mk3 gti rusty ABF (Sold)
86 Mk2 Golf red (sold)
89 Mk2 Golf blue (sold)
85 Mk2 Golf GTI silver (parted)

WRURQ

Quote from: GlenT on October 26, 2017, 02:03:05 PM
Thanks that?s good to know, seems I have a pretty good deal.

GlenT

Quote from: RRURQ on October 26, 2017, 05:54:14 PM
Thanks that?s good to know, seems I have a pretty good deal.
I filled in their online quotation form and it came back at a very reasonable price.
Will get in touch with them to get a proper quote, as I'm sure they will need far more details.
Thanks.

John Stone

I've had the quattro with Swann Insurance for quite a few years and with motorsport cover too.
I made one claim after an oops moment at Hampton Downs some years back, nothing changed, still insured with them.
Rate them very highly.
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

RobClubley

Classic Audi club don't do them any more for fear of legal repercussions.

I got mine valued by Roy McGuinness of McGuinness Classics, valued at $45k
It added $78 a year to my insurance - worth it to bump up from $25k!!
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

weta.worker

Quote from: RobClubley on January 18, 2018, 12:38:05 PM
Classic Audi club don't do them any more for fear of legal repercussions.

I got mine valued by Roy McGuinness of McGuinness Classics, valued at $45k
It added $78 a year to my insurance - worth it to bump up from $25k!!

Nice!  Just emailed them to organise a valuation for the RS2.  :)
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE