Window tinting

Started by DTM, March 26, 2017, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTM

Hi guys

Where's  the best place to go for window tinting in the north shore I'm looking for a decent 35% tint for my GTI. Also I don't want to get ripped off either best price so far I got was $250 for llumar film. Thanks

GLIDN

forget about being ripped off and get a good company with a good product to do the work 
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

JPK

I used Carfolie and paid a bit extra to upgrade to a nicer film. 4+ years later and still like new.
A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

DTM

I won't be skimping on the tint at all and will use a reputable company , the one company I phoned gave me a price then asked me what car I told him a GTI and he automatically added another $30 to the price cause it's European  ???

McDoof

Quote from: JPK on March 27, 2017, 09:35:55 AM
I used Carfolie and paid a bit extra to upgrade to a nicer film. 4+ years later and still like new.
+1
I used these guys too. Fanshaw street in the City. Not badly priced and I got the full car done in 3M film for around $220 (for their base film). Comes with a lifetime warranty.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

slowmo

That's pretty good pricing - standard pricing here in Welly starts at around $350  :-\
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

Worms

I got the Wife-mobile done at Car Folie when they had a shop on the shore, and it was flawless.

I was there less than an hour too!!! There was about 6 small asian guys working like crazy, it was mad.

It wasn't the cheapest option the had, but it was 3M, maybe carbon somehting??? It's been on about 5 years, and the only issues is where the kids smacked it with toys etc.

DTM

Anyone here ever used Tintguard before they have a few different options on their website.

monk

Any recommendations for Chch?
Wife's black R32 gets way too hot some days.