B5 A4 rear subframe with 034 alloy billet subframe mounts

Started by nzant008, April 03, 2017, 10:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzant008

Hi
I am having some problems re installing my rear subframe after I had the 034 billet subframe mounts installed.

Can get the bolts on one side to start but the bolts on the other side womt align.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Cheers

MarkB5Audi

Hay m8 how did you go with this. I have just bought the whole rear setup from 034.  Lower the rear subframe on bolts support it though, put it all in loose then do it all up it should be right. Cant really mess it up inless the subframe is bent/cracked somewere:) in chch if you need help
A4 B5 q + s4 AEB:VR6 few new parts still not there.(Turbo) vr6 swap

Poonmobile

What kind of pricing are you looking at incl shipping? Is the service good?
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

nzant008

Hi,
You need to completely remove subframe because you need to press the factory bushes out and press the billet in.  I had subframe painted at the same time.

I am having issues reinstalling, I think because the billet mounts don't the play (gap) as the factory mounts.  Basically the subframe needs to be all aligned jam in the bolts, but that's easily said then down when the car is on jack stands.

I will hope to have another go this weekend. Let you know how I go.