got a mk2 jetta gti

Started by GLIDN, February 17, 2005, 05:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GLIDN

But on driving into work yesterday morning a water hose decide it had enough and blew. Bugger.
so been looking around trying to find parts, but seems to stumble on a site called www.discountvdubparts.com.
They are really good for engine parts that is (left hand drive not right hand, so no steering parts). But they have a live help part, 24 hours a day, you talk to them online if you can give the the oem vw part number or, go through there parts list and fined what you are looking for. they can confirm whether it will work on your car or not. So done that, took about 20 minutes all done. They are shipping it to my door, so when i get the part , i'll let everyone know how it whent. And if there as good as they make out to be.

Can't wait to drive the jetta around

So for the next week or so, i have to just drive a jappa (sob, sob)
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

orggti

sounds good but qualitat would have had one for you that day most likely. Hoses are the golfs biggest achilles heel as they have so many, usually different sizes at each end and they blow good when they get old cause a golf runs at 18psi when all warmed up. My girls mk1 gls has 15 rubber hoses in all and 1 steel one, its ridiculas most cars that age have four rad upper and lower and two heater hoses! old morrys and hillmans and austins and stuff used to run 2psi radiator caps!!!! you could wrap tape round a hose and get home. I need the two hoses going to the carb for her gls so im going to ring qualitat now but i have a good collection of mk1 hoses in good 2ndhand condition if anyone has a prob.

GLIDN

conti has none, and i have to wait 10 working days ?? and theres is twice the price including shipping.

dubstar

As Jem said, go to qualitat or platinum for your parts, it's far cheaper then conti and they have most parts in stock.  I only order big things from the states, as freight is killer for small objects
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

1.8t

Quote from: orggti on February 18, 2005, 09:45:43 AM
sounds good but qualitat would have had one for you that day most likely. Hoses are the golfs biggest achilles heel as they have so many, usually different sizes at each end and they blow good when they get old cause a golf runs at 18psi when all warmed up. My girls mk1 gls has 15 rubber hoses in all and 1 steel one, its ridiculas most cars that age have four rad upper and lower and two heater hoses! old morrys and hillmans and austins and stuff used to run 2psi radiator caps!!!! you could wrap tape round a hose and get home. I need the two hoses going to the carb for her gls so im going to ring qualitat now but i have a good collection of mk1 hoses in good 2ndhand condition if anyone has a prob.

I think some sort of air pipe is a bit loose in mine, there is a his when I accelerate, it gets louder the harder I push it.

Might get you to check it out some time.
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

orggti

Air leaks are very common will probibly be the injector o-rings or where the brake booster hose rubs on itself. And um yea who cares if conti dosent have a part! they are the wrong place to look if you want something for a mk2, giltrap are even worse, they both deal with new cars not old mk2s. As dubstar says Qualitat or platnum.

GLIDN

thanks all for your help, from now on i'll go there first.

GLIDN

any one got platinum's phone number ??

robh

Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

likegolf88