Chrome trim fix....

Started by RGolf, April 17, 2017, 08:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGolf

Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2011 golf wagon with the 2.0 TFSi engine same as the GTi, is super nice all round with beige leather trim and black exterior.

Just has one cosmetic issue, the chrome is milky real bad! And has the chrome roof racks like the Passat.

The only option I see is to black out all chrome, and just go black and black. Wheela and all.

Anyone now anyone in the Hawkes Bay best to take it to?

Any recommendations appreciated!!

Cheers

heylinb4nz

Quote from: RGolf on April 17, 2017, 08:03:47 PM
Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2011 golf wagon with the 2.0 TFSi engine same as the GTi, is super nice all round with beige leather trim and black exterior.

Just has one cosmetic issue, the chrome is milky real bad! And has the chrome roof racks like the Passat.

The only option I see is to black out all chrome, and just go black and black. Wheela and all.

Anyone now anyone in the Hawkes Bay best to take it to?

Any recommendations appreciated!!

Cheers

Plastic chrome by the sounds of it (UV made the clear plastic coating milky), otherwise a buff with Autosol would bring it right up.

Before painting you might like to try Autosol still, ie like people do with headlights to remove the milky\yellow UV layer from Polycarb. It will keep doing it over weeks or moneths depending how often its parked in sun, but cheaper than paying someone to paint everything professionally.

If you do fee like some DIY then Plastidip and masking tape would be first port of call. Its a great product and is flexible, also can be peeled off later and reapplied.

Another options would be to take it to a automotive decal \ graphics company as see about getting the covered or wrapped. $$$