Problems with your S4/S6 then look here

Started by user2154, April 29, 2017, 06:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

user2154

Located in Auckland.

In 8-9 years of ownership I have fixed a lot of things on this car and thus I have quite a few spare parts up my sleeve, mostly used engine sensors that I have changed prematurely (working when removed). Willing to help out local URS4/6 owners with some of those weird engine faults before you take it to a mechanic who knows nothing about these cars. I have just about every engine sensor spare.

I can help with diagnostics / fault codes, you can pull these with a paper clip before you start swapping sensors. Then if you want to test a sensor before you buy a new one, I may be able to help for a small mileage/beer fee.

I have factory coils / POS and harness. Spare ECU to test (for a fee). When these go you may not get a code.

PM me for advice, or try quattroworld.com/s4s6 for expert advice, or s2forum.

My motivation is that I would like to help keep the few S4/S6 that are in New Zealand on the road and out of the vultures hands.

tjsmada

Good one, I like the sentiment - keep them alive !  :D

URS4 Avant

Hey there, i may need some assistance.. I have a URS4 Avant (couple of pics in forum introductions). everything has been good with the car until today. Had a play on the motorway showed a chap in a evo 2 what the rear of my car looks like  ;) then soon after didn't feel like it was pulling cleanly. Then quickly got to the stage were it would start but no idle. Pulled codes showed 5 codes all for the injectors, weird. Started then felt like and smelt like it was drowning in petrol. Left it for a few hours thought i would try unplugging the air flow meter. Starts and idles fine. Plug it back in and no go, safe to say AFM is bad? Going to do some testing on it when i get back from work tomorrow, but remembered you're thread here. So do you have a spare to test or to sell afm audi part #034 133 471k  bosch 0280 213 007?
thanks Kevin

user2154

Hi there,

I'm am afraid this part is basically NLA and also very expensive and that I do not have a spare, although there are probably many available in this country from the various wrecked vehicles that have been hoarded. But there are a few on ebay for not too much.

But there are a few things you can do to check it.

I would recommend to clear all codes and run the engine until trouble starts. Then pull the codes again.

Join this forum below and start your trouble shooting from there, you will get a lot of help.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/

MAF info

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/20442.phtml

It could be as simple as a dirty connector, so I would start with spraying some contact cleaner on the plug before you do anything.