Mk5 r32 jap import - stock alarm sound?

Started by monk, April 30, 2017, 11:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monk

Hi

Just wondering if Japanese import stock mk5 r32 alarms make a noise?
Either when going off or when you arm/disarm?

Ours doesn't make any sound at all, but immobiliser and hazards flash.
Vancom scan says no communication but that could mean removed or it never had a siren.

Cheers :)

Fizz

my mk5 GTI was the same. flashing lights no sound or chirp when arm/disarm.

McDoof

NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

GLIDN

don't have the correct CECM or alarm module + siren or both.
Sometimes you can run additional wiring into the CECM and this might give you that options.

I first looked into this years ago. But after driving my mums ipsum which does have the horn beep on lock and unlock from keyfob?
It's a silly things especially since I get home extremely late, don't want to annoy neighbours or wake anyone inside the house.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

monk

Interesting. Thanks all :).
I thought surely they all have alarm sirens.

I'm not concerned about any arm/disarm chirp. But an alarm without any noise is a bit weird.

McDoof

The alarm itself makes a noise. If you want to test it. Lock your car with the windows open and then get some movement inside the vehicle. Stick your head in there and move your arms around etc. It should set off the motions sensors. It makes a noise. Just no chirp for arming and disarming.
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

monk

Quote from: McDoof on May 02, 2017, 11:19:19 AM
The alarm itself makes a noise. If you want to test it. Lock your car with the windows open and then get some movement inside the vehicle. Stick your head in there and move your arms around etc. It should set off the motions sensors. It makes a noise. Just no chirp for arming and disarming.

Yeah it definitely makes no noise when it's set off. Hazards, immo., and motion detection all function correctly. It's it pretty odd to have all those features without a siren?
Looks like the dealer got another r32 import and has amended 'alarm' to 'remote lock/unlock' in the descriptions. Possibly another one with no siren, or would you think broken siren?

McDoof

MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

Naekyr

mk6 gti Jap import here, has the flashing lights inside and confirmed the immobilizer but couldn't find any evidence of an alarm, no sound, its not on the options sheet and with the car locked and window open if I move around inside no alarm goes off, even though NZ gti's had the alarm as stock it appears the Jap versions didn't for some reason

McDoof

Ah, yes, mine is NZ new. I can check to see where my siren is and you could potentially check if you have something in the same location.
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

Worms

On my 2006 NZ Touran, it has the below in the Autoscan from VCDS:

Address 46: Central Conv.        Labels: 1K0-959-433-MIN.clb
   Part No: 1K0 959 433 AK
   Component:    KSG              0401 
   Coding: 00C802087F2D8405485FC61010CC
   Shop #: WSC 00010 824 05318
   VCID: 79F9C2DE307DE7E9285-802C

Subsystem 5 - Part No: 1K0 947 291 F               <<< Interior light with alarm sensor
   Component: Innenraumueberw.009 4809       
   Coding: 00000000
   Shop #: WSC 00000 

Subsystem 6 - Part No: 1K0 951 605 C               <<< Alarm Horn with back up battery
   Component: LIN BACKUP HORN H03 1301

Subsystem 7 - Part No: 1K0 907 719 C               <<< Tilt Sensor
   Component: Neigungssensor  005 0003

When I had the car locked with the windows down and grabbed something off the seat... it was VERY VERY loud! The siren was wailing a typical car alarm noise.

I have no audible chirp on lock or unlock (just hazards flash), but it can be coded to chirp, I believe.

I'm pretty sure the siren can be retrofitted easily too, if the rest of the system functions as an alarm. If you can't trigger the alarm, you'd need to fit the other sensors as well. Some coding involved, either way.

schattenblau

just checked mine, 05 nz gti

silent arm/disarm

motion sensor alarm - wheezy whiney sounding

need to upgrade  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U4ZYOBzEEs

The Red Warrior

monk

That's our scan result. So it was either removed or is broken I presume.

1 Fault Found:
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
004 - No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100