Cars you wish you still had

Started by brian, May 13, 2017, 05:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coltspeed

the phantom

Quote from: coltspeed on May 16, 2017, 01:50:23 PM
How do you post a pic?

first the pic needs to be located on the web, i.e. on a site or in photobucket or imgur, the click on the bottom right button (says insert image when you hover the cursor over it) to get this right click on the photo and select "copy image location" and past between the two inner brackets - easy as pie
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

coltspeed

schattenblau

nice !
did you add the flares ?
iirc the hot jdms had bolt-on flares (and exterior side mirrors on the front guards)

black16v

Really nice !
Mate of mine had one. We would cruise  and we thought we were the Mutts Nuts. Back in the day cars were expensive.
I miss my Fait 125 BUT wish I had never sold my Mk1 golf GTI.
1988 MK II GTI 16V

Gordo

Quote from: RS ZWEI on May 16, 2017, 09:32:54 AM
I dont. But just remember a single cam Vectra doesn't have IRS.

Many think the beam axle works better than the semi-trailing arms - the front end is the same, though, and that's where the engine, etc. goes  8)
These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

curts

I miss my NZ new Pug 207 GTi. Handled in rails and was fantastic fun. It was a new Pug but not a bad Pug...except for the dreaded depollution fault code.

2009 MK5 Pirelli Golf GTI
2007 MK5 Golf R32

schattenblau

curts

Quote from: schattenblau on May 17, 2017, 12:43:31 PM
what is "depollution" ?

???

I know right? It is a warning for the o2 sensors but could mean anything and normally is terminal. Luckily in my case it wasn't but it would come on every other day for me in the end so i ended up trading it. It's like the xbox red ring of death.
2009 MK5 Pirelli Golf GTI
2007 MK5 Golf R32

schattenblau

don't anything about xbox red rings but it sounds as fatal as a microsoft blue screen of death.

>:D

beeker

Miss my ae86

Miss my nogo rs4

Miss this one too

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

Pristle

Quote from: coltspeed on May 16, 2017, 02:53:57 PM

Awesome it worked. Thanks

The GTO 2000GS, as a teenager it was on the short list of cars my mates and I wanted. One of the 'cool dudes' in the neighbourhood had one in blue with the rego GS2000. Curiously that rego is linked to a 2000 Land Cruiser today.

beeker

Quote from: Pristle on May 17, 2017, 11:55:14 PM
The GTO 2000GS, as a teenager it was on the short list of cars my mates and I wanted. One of the 'cool dudes' in the neighbourhood had one in blue with the rego GS2000. Curiously that rego is linked to a 2000 Land Cruiser today.

Agree a cool car, even today
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

Gordo

Forgot, my old '61 Pontiac - looked like this* but rather rougher, tan over chocolate colour and 8x15 American Racing wheels with 255/60-15 Goodyear Wingfoot (later NCT) tyres. Repowered it with a mild Chev' 350 and, IIRC, blew the clutch twice, broke the gearbox six times, the diff twice and split the rear axle once, and it had huge drum brakes that faded badly under even mild (ab)use. For all that, loved the old banger.

These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

Poonmobile

Quote from: schattenblau on May 13, 2017, 11:09:37 PM
wish i still had my nz new ae82 corolla gt   :-\

amon tuned, leather seats, revvy motor that spun to 8000rpm

exactly the same as the brochure car

Always wanted one, my first car was a corolla XL 1300 carby, I so wanted the big brother...
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

Pushbutton_auto

ALL of THEM .....

A few mostly for the nostalgia drive around the park,   >:D

but all the rest would have pride of place in my mates backyard, till I found a factory for storage ...   8)

Love/loved every single one of my cars (30 +) and miss my STUDEBAKER truck (Charlie) even more ...  :'(
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

coltspeed

Quote from: schattenblau on May 16, 2017, 03:46:38 PM
nice !
did you add the flares ?
iirc the hot jdms had bolt-on flares (and exterior side mirrors on the front guards)

Yep added the flares. I had this car for years, was blue when i bought it and first thing I did was add eagers and hotwires .  As you see it there it had candy apple paint, 3 peice ROH wheels, and a 4G63 turbo engine.  Only reason I sold it was to buy a house

Smithy

This thread is making me want to buy another Mitsi... I've never had a GTO - but I have had a Galant 1850 don't laugh), a 2L Celeste (I said doooooon't laugh)... a VR LE manual Magna (the best/quickest/understatedsleeprest FWD I've ever had)... and a beast of a Starion... I do miss the 80's and 90's.

And I am likely to buy another car for "me" in the next couple of months... hmmmmm...

schattenblau

continuing the mitsi theme ...

we had an 85 sigma turbo too ... very fast in a straightline but watchout for corners, the superlight power steering and over-servo'd brakes reminded me of an old chrysler valiant...