Manawatu C6 S6 owners? or any S6 Onwers

Started by neil_cb125t, June 20, 2017, 06:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neil_cb125t

Hey Guys, long time owner first time poster.

I have a B4 S4 sedan, owned it since 2010 - Shes been a great stead, originally wanted great handling punchy car, requirements were a tow bar and Manual..... lucky I found one because most are all autos!

7 Years later and about 120-140,000ks more on the clock, still love the S4 but the rear leg room/kid room is starting to burn us. Im 6 foot so need my seat back a ways, the kids seat goes behind the mrs, but with the family probably growing in the next year im considering going to a C6 S6.

My thoughts / research says the rear seat room on the C6 is way better, but still have great boot ( prefer sedans over the avant ) is this the case? Im talking 2 kids seats in the back without moving the drivers seat forward so your knees are in the steering wheel.....??

My Major concern with the upgrade is the Auto "Slush box" as most people call em, the mrs has a DSG GTI golf, for an "auto" its pretty darn good, but I understand the S6 has a more crude Auto, I an a Manual man so how does the Auto compare to a DSG - is it a mindless box that gets under your skin?? How strong / reliable are they? they would not be cheap to rebuild - the S4 needed a clutch a few years back 2500 ish worth, but the G box is super tight.

Whats interesting is a decent C6 A6 (3.0TFSI) is about the same price as a S6 v10!!!.....I can only imagine that the V10 is scaring people off, I understand the S6 class is harder to maintain, I do most of the work to mine, brake rotors, oil and service etc. Are the V10s sim to look after?

I would be moving the S4 to go S6 so just want some intel before I really get my heart set on the sound of a V10....... :D

wilco

Hi, can appreciate your problem with growing need for room.
I have a C6 A6 3.0TDI, have had it for a couple of years now and have never been wanting for space.  Took me a while to get used to the size but once comfortable its a very pointable vehicle on the road.
And loads of surge with 165kW and around 450Nm I think.
I'm not using it as have a couple of other daily's so if it piques your interest send me a PM.
Otherwise the C6 chassis is a great platform.

Cheers

Staudi

Have to agree with Wilco mate. The C6 is a great platform. I have a 2006 S6 V10, but its my toy. I couldn't afford to run it as an everyday driver. I have a 2001 A4 2.0ltr which is my daily driver, I keep her well maintained and she does me fine. My son bought an A6 3.2 V6, low mileage in mint condition (108000km). Problem was it suffered from the steering column module failure, $3000.00 later we got it sorted and now it it's a beautiful car.
Problem seems to occur at around 100.000 to 110.000 kms. A6/S6 are beautiful cars, maybe 2009 on would be my pick. Prices are stable and negotiable.
2001 B6 A4. My trusty driver
2006 S6 5.2 Ltr V10. My baby. Kept in the dry. Used on fine days and holidays only.
2005 A6 3.2L V6 NZ new. My new driver.

neil_cb125t

Thanks for the replies boys - I have found a very cheap s6 that was on trade me a while back but never really moved. It's done 96ks, nz new sedan with tow bar, just had a carbon clean and a good service. Asking 22k. . .   I'm overseas for work for the next few weeks and the guy doesn't seem to be in a huge hurry. I have had a good look at the a6 range and it's so weird that both the Tdi and Tfsi models are the same price, if not more than a S.

The numbers I have crunched show desiels aren't too much cheaper than petro, I do around 10,000ks a year on a small year. Double on a big year. Cheers for the offer on the wilco but think I'll stay with terrible petrol.

The car will be my daily which is a 30km round trip to work on open roads - it will be the fam Wagon on longer trips. Has anyone compared the 3.0tfsi? Or driven one. On paper that motor seems like the smart d as you get some go but less suck, of gas that is.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: neil_cb125t on July 15, 2017, 04:30:56 PM
Thanks for the replies boys - I have found a very cheap s6 that was on trade me a while back but never really moved. It's done 96ks, nz new sedan with tow bar, just had a carbon clean and a good service. Asking 22k. . .   I'm overseas for work for the next few weeks and the guy doesn't seem to be in a huge hurry. I have had a good look at the a6 range and it's so weird that both the Tdi and Tfsi models are the same price, if not more than a S.

The numbers I have crunched show desiels aren't too much cheaper than petro, I do around 10,000ks a year on a small year. Double on a big year. Cheers for the offer on the wilco but think I'll stay with terrible petrol.

The car will be my daily which is a 30km round trip to work on open roads - it will be the fam Wagon on longer trips. Has anyone compared the 3.0tfsi? Or driven one. On paper that motor seems like the smart d as you get some go but less suck, of gas that is.

If the car on TM is silver there is a high chance its an ex repo or a rebuilt write off.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

neil_cb125t

Quote from: RS ZWEI on July 17, 2017, 10:21:56 AM
If the car on TM is silver there is a high chance its an ex repo or a rebuilt write off.

really.... do you have some intel on the car?? please pm if you do

neil_cb125t

I have been overseas for a while so its been hard to keep comms up with the seller - not allot of info has come through

My plan is to get into a shop in auckland (cars in Auckland, im in manawatu) for a pre sale inspection before I truck all the way up there to grab it

Any places people can recommend

cheers