Door window switch

Started by DTM, July 02, 2017, 03:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTM

Hi guys

Anywhere I can source the rear right window  button switch. My son decided to scratch all the black off to leave basically a white switch its looks terrible. Any ideas where I can find I'm on the north shore side. Thanks

Worms

There are Chinese ones on ebay (GENUINE VW... china) that don't have the soft-touch coating.

So they feel like a jap car, but don't peel like a VW :-)

I put a set in the Touran for NZ$not.much

McDoof

I bought a full set of Aliexpress for $47 delivered. That included the headlight switch.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

The Red Warrior

Quote from: DTM on July 02, 2017, 03:01:39 PM
Hi guys

Anywhere I can source the rear right window  button switch. My son decided to scratch all the black off to leave basically a white switch its looks terrible. Any ideas where I can find I'm on the north shore side. Thanks

I've replaced all mine but still have the originals. You're welcome to have the best condition one of the three.
I'm in east Auckland. 

DTM

Thanks for the input guys I did a bit a ebaying last night and bought three switches with the silver tips same as the drivers switches for $18. Not a bad price I think.
Next is installation when I get them do the door cards have to come off to fit the new ones? Is it an easy job I have a habit of breaking crap unintentionally.

The Red Warrior

Quote from: DTM on July 03, 2017, 07:44:10 PM
Thanks for the input guys I did a bit a ebaying last night and bought three switches with the silver tips same as the drivers switches for $18. Not a bad price I think.
Next is installation when I get them do the door cards have to come off to fit the new ones? Is it an easy job I have a habit of breaking s**t unintentionally.

No, door cards stay on. Prise off part of the grab handle (with your interior trim removal tools that you'll buy off eBay today  ;)) and then you can get to the underside of the switch to pop it out.

DTM

Okay thanks that's good to know so my trusty flat head screw driver won't work then.

McDoof

Quote from: DTM on July 04, 2017, 07:25:53 PM
Okay thanks that's good to know so my trusty flat head screw driver won't work then.
It will work. Just need to be very careful about scarring the plastics when you use metal.
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

DTM

Quote from: McDoof on July 05, 2017, 09:15:17 AM
It will work. Just need to be very careful about scarring the plastics when you use metal.
Thanks for the heads up last thing I want to do is stuff the plastics up.

McDoof

Sometimes an old credit card is enough to lift things.
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

DTM

Hi guys

An update received my little parcel in the post , took me about 15 to 20 minutes to do the the job on the two rear doors  and passenger side switch. However my right rear door switch was working sort of I had to take the door card off as the window motor was just clicking and no action.

Unplugged the switch checked pins a quick spray of pure alcohol and all is well plus a few beers.

Next step is to contact Glidn for a service quote on the cabby.

DTM

Hi GLidn I have sent you a few pms not sure if they have come through to your inbox.Do I need more than 50 posts to be able to send a pm? Some forums work like this.