Moving to New Zealand

Started by Angryman, July 12, 2017, 09:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angryman

Hi,
New post and new to New Zealand from North Queensland..  I am moving into Auckland for work and since it will be for a number of years I've decided to bring my beloved 2 door Golf R with me.  thing is I've heard servicing is super expensive in NZ, but from what I've seen I haven't been shocked by prices.  I'll be working down in Wiri, any recommendations for reliable mechanics in the area?  I've been fortunate to have a team of ex Volkswagen techs looking after the little beast since I bought it new in 2011 and it still runs and looks like new.  Had it chipped some years ago and it is a great, very involving ride.

The one thing that did make me wince was petrol prices over here...holy crap!!!

I haven't seen any two door R's in NZ were they ever available here?  They were only available in Oz for roughly 6 months then got replaced by the sirocco.

Fizz

Welcome :)
There maybe 1 or 2 imports floating around but on the whole 2 doors weren't sold locally.
There's a few good mechanics around. Not too sure about South Auckland but can vouch for Brodie European in Newmarket/Khyber pass area Cameron is an ex VW Dealership tech.
You can also ping Glidn as well who does servicing in the north shore along with performance parts and tunes.

GLIDN

Quote from: Angryman on July 12, 2017, 09:03:05 AM
Hi,
New post and new to New Zealand from North Queensland..  I am moving into Auckland for work and since it will be for a number of years I've decided to bring my beloved 2 door Golf R with me.  thing is I've heard servicing is super expensive in NZ, but from what I've seen I haven't been shocked by prices.  I'll be working down in Wiri, any recommendations for reliable mechanics in the area?  I've been fortunate to have a team of ex Volkswagen techs looking after the little beast since I bought it new in 2011 and it still runs and looks like new.  Had it chipped some years ago and it is a great, very involving ride.

The one thing that did make me wince was petrol prices over here...holy s**t!!!

I haven't seen any two door R's in NZ were they ever available here?  They were only available in Oz for roughly 6 months then got replaced by the sirocco.

Do it indeed. There are only around 3-4 3dr mk6 (GTI + Golf R) I'm aware of.
If you feel like driving the distance equivalent from Brisbane CBD to the likes of New Beith. That's the kind of distance from Wiri to the north shore.

post some pictures up. Everyone here likes a 2dr mk6 R.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

Smithy

Where's New Beith?... over 10 yrs in Brissy and I've never heard of it. I'd say a Brissy equivalent would be CBD-Springwood; the big factor of course is traffic.

GLIDN

Quote from: Smithy on July 13, 2017, 11:07:27 AM
Where's New Beith?... over 10 yrs in Brissy and I've never heard of it. I'd say a Brissy equivalent would be CBD-Springwood; the big factor of course is traffic.
about 15 minutes past springfield lakes

Very nice Candy white mk6R

GLIDN

Angryman

I?m not even sure why it?s on there?

GLIDN