Audi gets into the performance 'aftermarket'

Started by le mans, July 13, 2017, 10:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordo

These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

heylinb4nz

Alternatively a dyno tune with intake and Milltek exhaust (<$4000) would yield a bunch more daily useable performance...without turning your new R8 or TT-RS into a Euro ricer.

Gordo

I can see that being a positive move for braking and cornering  ;)
These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

Horch

Very cool...No one will do it better than the brand....and the customer support and any warranty obligations.

A host of aftermarket gurus will take your money and bolt on more performance and then run like turkeys when it goes bang.

When manufacturers diagnostic interrogation strips out and deletes aftermarket tuning software as it sees it as a critical fault. More interesting to watch astounded owner have a melt down when realising they have lost there 'Chip Tune'. Actually they invested in nothing more than a virus.
2018 Porsche 991 Carrera T Manual
1988 urquattro MB
1986 MB 300SL
1956 DKW RT250
2006 Vespa PX200

heylinb4nz

Quote from: Horch on July 15, 2017, 06:39:10 PM
Very cool...No one will do it better than the brand....and the customer support and any warranty obligations.

A host of aftermarket gurus will take your money and bolt on more performance and then run like turkeys when it goes bang.

When manufacturers diagnostic interrogation strips out and deletes aftermarket tuning software as it sees it as a critical fault. More interesting to watch astounded owner have a melt down when realising they have lost there 'Chip Tune'. Actually they invested in nothing more than a virus.

Depends who you're buying from really, I cant speak for my Audi as the only aftermarket item is the Eibach Coilovers, but my MR2 had goods from ATS Racing, Link, JE, ACL, Prothane, Koni and a number of other aftermarket providers, all with good track records in customer service...but never had an issue to test that anyway.

I think anyone that buys a chiptune over the internet from www.cheapaschipstunes.com (or similar) should expect to run lean and melt some pistons :)