2013 A3!!! What to do...

Started by KSowry, September 08, 2020, 10:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KSowry

Hey all

Just picked up my second car the other day. 2013 A3 8v Sportback 1.8L TFSI Quattro in a brilliant blue colour. Super chuffed with it.

Wondering what I can do to get ever closer to that S3 or RS3 look, or just increase overall performance without breaking the bank on insurance. I'm not super savvy on this stuff, but I'm considering rear diffuser, front lip/valences etc. Is there anything I need to be aware of, or that everyone ends up doing that I should look into right away?

Thanks!

Kyle

GLIDN

Hey Kyle,

you can simply swap the IS12 turbo to IS20 (still factory OEM turbo) associating software and take the car from 170hp to 330hp.
All in for not too much money.

doing Audi S3/rs3 grill is a straight swap from memory.

Hope this helps
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

KSowry

Hi GLIDN,

Thanks for the advice. IS20 upgrade looks like a great option. re software, is it a generic 1.8T IS20 tune across VW and Audi models?

Would these fit the bill?

https://store.ngpracing.com/is20-turbocharger-oem-vw-mk7-mk7-5-gti-atlas-audi-8v-a3-mk3-tt-2-0t-is12-upgrade-for-golf-alltrack-sportwagen-audi-8v-a3-1-8t-gen3-tsi-engines.html

https://store.ngpracing.com/apr-1-8t-gen3-is20-turbo-ecu-upgrade.html

Would love to buy within NZ if possible, support local businesses and all but there doesn't seem to be much around.

Am I best to buy this as an upgrade kit, or can I make do with current hardware?

Cheers

GLIDN

I upgraded one of my customers GTI golfs turbos to big turbo.
So he does have a low mileage IS20 available. Don't think it even travelled 30,000kms from new.

Would want much, much less than NGPracing for the turbo.
As for the APR software? I can easily assist with that, seeing I'm an APR authorised dealer in Auckland. If you're in auckland.

however, send me a PM if you'd like to know anything additional etc.

Enjoy the new purchase thou, it's a nice car indeed.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning