Autosure Extreme Warranty (yah or nah ?)

Started by heylinb4nz, July 25, 2017, 10:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heylinb4nz

So i've had my 2007 3.2 TT now for 2 years and thankfully haven't had to use the Autosure Xtreme warranty, currently doing 7,000kms a year and its now sitting at 129,000kms.

I plan to keep for another 3 years and wonder if its worth paying the $1795 to get a final coverage\extension for 3 years ?. What sort of risks do TTs pose at this km level ? in particular the DSG, Dual Mass Flywheel and Haldex system ?

Maintenance wise the car has had all its DSG fluids and filter changes since new, regular oil changes, haldex fluids, new spark plugs etc, it runs perfect

$1795 would get me Miltek Exhuast :) with $500 spare for maintenance items for my last 3 years of ownership.

Naekyr

Carbon cleanup? Hows the timing belt/chain?

heylinb4nz

Haven't checked timing chain, but it idles well and runs smooth and powerful through all the gears. Hasn't had a carbon clean under my ownership but regularly gets opened up and driven, plus I run Proma MBL8 in the oil (full synthetic GL5 Penrite 5w30) and also run the occasional bottle of injector / fuel system cleaner.

schattenblau

warranty if you are the paranoid type,

otherwise spend the money elsewhere

;D

Worms

I don't think yours is an FSI engine anyway - Pretty sure it's a port injected one, like the MK5 R32 - no carbon issues like the FSI engines get.

Chains were more liekly to fail on earlier engines anyway... and the warranty probably wouldn't cover anything UNTIL it jumped a tooth, or broke/destroyed the engine.

heylinb4nz

Quote from: Worms on July 26, 2017, 07:08:42 AM
I don't think yours is an FSI engine anyway - Pretty sure it's a port injected one, like the MK5 R32 - no carbon issues like the FSI engines get.

Chains were more liekly to fail on earlier engines anyway... and the warranty probably wouldn't cover anything UNTIL it jumped a tooth, or broke/destroyed the engine.

Yes true that. My main things I want covered

- DSG Unit inc Mechatronic
- Dual Mass Flywheel
- Haldex system

It works at at $600 per year, and the plan was to sell at year 2 or 2.5 with 1 year \ 6 months left on warranty...hoping that a 5 year audi service history and keeping it showroom will help with resale....then possibly look at a TT-RS...or 4.2L R8 if i'm good financially in 3 years.

robh

Quote from: heylinb4nz on July 26, 2017, 09:19:59 AM
Yes true that. My main things I want covered

- DSG Unit inc Mechatronic
- Dual Mass Flywheel
- Haldex system

It works at at $600 per year, and the plan was to sell at year 2 or 2.5 with 1 year \ 6 months left on warranty...hoping that a 5 year audi service history and keeping it showroom will help with resale....then possibly look at a TT-RS...or 4.2L R8 if i'm good financially in 3 years.

Can't see any warranty covering a flywheel of any type single or dual mass, it's a part that wears out.
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

heylinb4nz

Quote from: robh on July 26, 2017, 09:31:56 AM
Can't see any warranty covering a flywheel of any type single or dual mass, it's a part that wears out.

Autosure Extreme is the only one (I looked at all of the others), covers upto $10,000 ($350 excess) and includes pretty much everything (very few exclusions bar true wear \ maintenance items).

NZDoug

I got Autosure for the last 2 years of a 3 year term.
Cost $2000.00 ish, cant remember exact and we have collected $400.00 from the warantee and paid the first $350.00.
We had insurance , same deal, the 3 years earlier for the same VWCC and never collected a penny.
I go into the dealers and beg them to find a problem so I can cash in.
No joy, good car.
HEY! HO! LETS GO!

byront8

So far under autosure warranty:

New Alternator ($2000)
New Battery as alternator killed it (729)
Front suspensions bushes ($700)
DSG Valuve failure ($4200)
Oil consumption fix happening currently ($8900)

Paid $2300 for my warranty and so far have got $16.5K out from them. I'd say its worth it.

McDoof

NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

Naekyr

i feel left out, my car came with free 1 year mechanical insurance from jansens - however in that year the car has never had a single fault (and its stage 2)

McDoof

Coming to the end of a 3 year warranty that I bought with my 2008 Subaru Tribeca and I have not had anything go wrong with it.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

byront8

Quote from: McDoof on August 15, 2017, 10:25:42 AM
Holy crap.... Is your car yellow?

'

Audi A4 B8 2010, alternator had a manufacturing fault, it had to go back to Germany to be assessed. The rest is the known problems which i basically have ensured they crop up to have the work done.

Car will be brand new by the end of next week, ready for stage 2 work

NZDoug

Quote from: byront8 on August 14, 2017, 04:56:49 PM
So far under autosure warranty:

New Alternator ($2000)
New Battery as alternator killed it (729)
Front suspensions bushes ($700)
DSG Valuve failure ($4200)
Oil consumption fix happening currently ($8900)

Paid $2300 for my warranty and so far have got $16.5K out from them. I'd say its worth it.
You scored big time.
Congrats!
HEY! HO! LETS GO!

heylinb4nz

Well, first claim today, ignition barrel jammed do getting a new one fitted tomorrow. Must be a sign ?