Long term storage options \ ideas

Started by weta.worker, August 21, 2017, 08:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pushbutton_auto

Quote from: Audidude on September 02, 2017, 07:50:51 AM
This is what you need, but be warned, you WILL fill it up with more cars and STILL be short of space...

i'll take the one in the middle ...  >:D

And i'll borrow the RS2 from welly to look after and give you some space ...  ;)
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

Ktm1

Did you end up finding storage space? I have a contact in Lower Hutt that I can recommend if you are still looking.

weta.worker

Quote from: Ktm1 on September 28, 2017, 08:55:12 AM
Did you end up finding storage space? I have a contact in Lower Hutt that I can recommend if you are still looking.

Still looking around,  Have a few people who are also interested so could go in on a larger space.

Be great to have options though (if you could let me know the Hutt contact?)

Cheers!
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

beeker

For me, I purchased a rental property then kept the garage for myself and my car hording habit.
Didn't seem to affect the rental return.
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

i wana rs6

We are looking at building a large hangar at Hamilton airport.
There will be space for cars in among a few airplanes.

There will be a car hoist and a few things available.
It should be built in about 6-9 months time.

Cost is probably $40 per week.
If your keen, let me know and we can discuss.

dummer

How often are you going to use the RS2? It's quite a bit of effort to store car long term.

moisture in petrol and rust the fuel tank, tyres get out of shape being sitting for too long, flat battery, temperature/moisture in storage.

weta.worker

Quote from: dummer on October 04, 2017, 05:03:40 PM
How often are you going to use the RS2? It's quite a bit of effort to store car long term.

moisture in petrol and rust the fuel tank, tyres get out of shape being sitting for too long, flat battery, temperature/moisture in storage.

Too be honest I'm not sure.  And yes, I'd need to do some reading about how to do it long term (drain fluids \ put on axle stands) .

I'd love to be able to drive it now and then, but until I get the RS4 back , I don't know how long (or how) I'll alternate.  And my head says to get a Nissan Leaf and store the other 2 and forget about them until I'm much older and have more time to appreciate \ drive. 

And yes. I"m a hoarder...

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

slowburn

if anyone can make this a reality,it's you bro 8)
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

dummer

Quote from: weta.worker on October 06, 2017, 01:19:17 PM
Too be honest I'm not sure.  And yes, I'd need to do some reading about how to do it long term (drain fluids \ put on axle stands) .

I'd love to be able to drive it now and then, but until I get the RS4 back , I don't know how long (or how) I'll alternate.  And my head says to get a Nissan Leaf and store the other 2 and forget about them until I'm much older and have more time to appreciate \ drive. 

And yes. I"m a hoarder...

Make sure you let us know which barn you kept it in and we can organise a "Barn find" in 20 yrs time

weta.worker

Looking now at more of a short long term option - just leaving it at my parents place.  BUT it's not in a garage.  Ideas \ best car covers?

I know there are some issues with wind and they can quietly scrape away at the paint work?

The idea is that I leave it at my parents and my dad takes it out every now and then (once every couple of weeks - or more if he likes) .  But in the meantime it just sits under a cover.

Cheers
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

slowburn

inside bro....outside will be the kiss of death....we should seriously sit down and find somewhere....hay fray is keen him and i have been talking...
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

weta.worker

Quote from: slowburn on November 06, 2017, 06:31:48 PM
inside bro....outside will be the kiss of death....we should seriously sit down and find somewhere....hay fray is keen him and i have been talking...

Cool cool cuzzie.  I'll hit up Hay Fray and give you a holla,

Churs

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

dummer

I put cardboard on top of the car cover to stop it from blowing around, then add another cover on top to keep the cardboard blow away.

make sure you tie them tightly.