Passat Wagon Guidance

Started by dubdub, September 02, 2017, 07:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubdub

Hey all,

New here, but hoping for some advice. With the expanded family we need an extra car to complement our MK4 Golf hatch which has been a trusty beast for over 200k kms now. I?ve been looking at the 2006-2008 Passats with interest as they have a bit more room and seem like bang for buck.

Looks like there are the 2 litre Turbos and V6 options with 4motion avail. Any recommendations of which to steer clear of? Generally I buy my cars and run them to the ground, so looking for something that won?t cause too much grief. Are the 2 litre TFSI?s o.k? Would there be much difference between a 2006 model and 2008 that would be worth worrying about?
Any help or pointers much appreciated.

D

Kimberly

I would like to know how these data are updated.

Filx

Amazing car for the money. The 3.2s (and 3.6s) have the issue with the underspec'd oil pump drive bolt backing out. Vert and I just fixed and refreshed a 07 3.2 4Mo wagon that suffered this bolt issue (on the market now). I had never really spent much time in that era of Passat and they are certainly a step up in size and feature set to an equivalent year Golf. More aimed at comfort than sporty driving of course, but some nice features like the pull up sun shades for the rear windows are great if you have kids in the back.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning