Mk3 Golf Rain Leak

Started by RLH, September 11, 2017, 11:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RLH

Hi guys,

I have done a bit of research online but it hasnt seemed to help too much. A couple of weeks ago my car has developed a leak such that when it rains, water collects in the drivers footwell. It seems that the water is coming down from around the hood release catch so I dont think it is door or window seals. Is there any chance someone could offer any advice?

Cheers

slowmo

If it is like the B5 A4 of similar age, check the drain plugs under the windshield gutter and also under the battery.
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

McDoof

Probably a blocked drain. If you have a sunroof it could be from that or from the one that drains all the water from your windscreen. Just open the bonnet. Then remove the water collection "funnel" near the windscreen and clear out any leaves etc out of there.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

RLH

Thanks for the quick responses! I will have a better look under the bonnet and windshield. 90% of what I found online suggested it was the sunroof drains but alas I don't have a sunroof!