Motul oil group buy

Started by The Red Warrior, September 16, 2017, 04:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Red Warrior

Just seeing if there is any interest in a group buy for Motul Specific 504 507 oil.
I would be able to get a 5 litre pack for $80.
It would be the same as this for reference:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/oil-additives/auction-1416466631.htm

I use it in my mk5 GTI but it is probably Motuls correct oil for many VAG cars, but I'll let you do your own research on that.

I'm in Auckland and pick up would be fine. If you want it sent within Auckland or elsewhere throughout the country I can courier it at your expense.

Cheers, Mike.

Naekyr

any reason the trademe auction is that price?

the reference oil for the car, which is the Castrol Professional 5w-30 longlife is cheaper for 5L

The Red Warrior

The trademe auction isn't my ad. I just added it for reference and to show how much it normally sells for.
Wasn't aware of the price for the Castrol oil, but many 'forum gurus' don't like it. I do know that others on this site use and recommend Motul oil for the Mk5 GTI.

Not saying there is anything wrong with any other oil brands as such, I just thought others may want some at this good price.

Naekyr

I'm curious, if its better than the castrol then the price is justified - wondering myself as I've using the castrol in my gti - keen to try something else if something else is better

dummer

where about it Akl are you? do you need 504 507 for your GTI since it's not a TDI

The Red Warrior

Quote from: dummer on September 16, 2017, 11:06:49 PM
where about it Akl are you? do you need 504 507 for your GTI since it's not a TDI
I'm east, near Botany shopping center and work in Penrose.
Do you ask if needed for a GTI as Motul also state that this oil is suitable for diesels?

dummer

Sorry, had a few drinks last night and making no sense.
What I'm saying is isn't 504 507 is specific for Diesel car? I thought GTI is better off with 8100 xclean or xcess

How many bottles have you got? can you get other weight like 5w40?

The Red Warrior

Quote from: dummer on September 17, 2017, 09:38:49 AM
Sorry, had a few drinks last night and making no sense.
What I'm saying is isn't 504 507 is specific for Diesel car? I thought GTI is better off with 8100 xclean or xcess

How many bottles have you got? can you get other weight like 5w40?

No, it's not specifically for a diesel. It states on the packaging its for petrol or diesel. Perhaps the other two you mention are better if you're running your car on 'longlife' servicing.

I. An get other stuff. What would you be after specifically? (Pun not intended)