02 sensor sourcing

Started by WEZO, October 16, 2017, 05:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEZO

Anyone had to have the o2 sensor replaced in their golf? Vw quoting $350 ex Singapore.
2008 R32

Naekyr

half the price of getting a tune which increases performance and blocks the code
(assuming its the post cat sensor you're thinking of lol)

GLIDN

Quote from: WEZO on October 16, 2017, 05:43:55 PM
Anyone had to have the o2 sensor replaced in their golf? Vw quoting $350 ex Singapore.

PM me your rego, I'll see if I'm able to assist.

Quote from: Naekyr on October 16, 2017, 05:53:52 PM
half the price of getting a tune which increases performance and blocks the code
(assuming its the post cat sensor you're thinking of lol)

Not if his primary 02 Sensor has failed.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

WEZO

2008 R32

ranton-inc

Get a Generic Bosch Replacement from Partmaster...

they are way cheaper than that.

WEZO

the warning lamp came back on for the 02 sensor bank2 sensor2 G131.  While i figure out where to purchase another, what damage if any am i doing to the car by continuing to drive?
2008 R32

ranton-inc

Quote from: WEZO on October 18, 2017, 06:54:50 PM
the warning lamp came back on for the 02 sensor bank2 sensor2 G131.  While i figure out where to purchase another, what damage if any am i doing to the car by continuing to drive?

None whatsoever.. keep driving unless of course you hit something while driving.. then you will do damage

Naekyr

Quote from: WEZO on October 18, 2017, 06:54:50 PM

that's the post cat sensor, you can basically ignore it if you dont mind the CEL staying on
there is no impact to the engine, you could otherwise look for the cheapest method of getting a new sensor that works or otherwise modifying the ecu to block the code

The Red Warrior

Quote from: ranton-inc on October 19, 2017, 09:30:33 AM
None whatsoever.. keep driving unless of course you hit something while driving.. then you will do damage

I do like reading your posts Anton. Your current avatar is quite apt if you compare it to his character from Just Shoot Me.