the first decent hyundai hot hatch

Started by schattenblau, September 29, 2017, 11:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naekyr

interior is a bit naf, dont like cars like mount ipads to their dash, rest of the interior other than the seats looks a bit cheap as well

otherwise though it looks fairly good

schattenblau

it appears the oily bits got priority.
i like.

Naekyr

I like the customization options, you can really set the ride and peformance quality to exactly what you want and that stock exhaust actually make a nice sound in sport mode where it drops extra fuel on shift

Worms

It's always going to feel like a hyundai - funny plastics and stuff, I imagine... and they all smell like hot plastic (for years!).

However, they seem to have put in the effort on the FUN parts, and it comes with a proper gearbox!

I quite like the look of the Kia Stinger too... but wouldn't buy one because of the name, if nothing else! BAHAHAHA! Stinger!

This Hyundai is a bit the same... Ummm... lets just put an N on the end - people will think it's a BMW  ;D

... Stinger... Bahahahaha!

schattenblau

has the heart and soul missing from current bmw m-cars

;D

slowburn

i'd be all over that.....wonder if any of their wagons will get that treatment?

99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Naekyr

Its only their first, they have at least another two N model hatchbacks in developement, I suppose if they sell well the N division will stay and developement will be done to other types as models as well

Audidude

More exciting than a Golf GTi and better than a Megane RS - even if there's a bit of hyperbole, as a first take on a hot hatch that's damn high praise - what that space - they're here to take on the best and they'll do it.
'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior

Filx

Agreed with many of the comments above. Other manufacturers might ignore this at their peril.

If they do a 3 door version, with the manual trans and Hyundai pricing they'll be nailing it.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

nesT

Those overrun crackles give me the heeb jeebs

GottaMkII

Not sure what some are expecting from above comments, it's still a Korean Hyundai, it's going to have a plastic dash etc etc, but it's built for fun, what's more fun than a light, hot hatch, turbo, manual box, tech to fiddle with... and a cheap (er) price tag of anything else that's in the same ballpark??

I think Hyundai are a rising star of the hot hatch, and the rally r&d will only help to make that more strong in the future
Volkswagen Jetta CL
Audi A4 Avant Wagon
Volkswagen mk3 Cabrio
Kombi truck... in my dreams :-)

spooln

Targeting gti right down to the lower red strip.if they dont gouge on pricing will sell here by the truck load.
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

McDoof

At first glance I thought it looked a lot like the Merc A250

NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

schattenblau

nah
merc a looks noticeably unbalanced in the metal with a protruding snout, no ass and pronounced curves.

hyundai is more anonymous.

it looks like hyundai showrooms will be busy this year - as well as the i30n, they await the arrival of a small suv (kona) and the sporty genesis g70 - kia stinger clone ?