GTI with RCD310 has a mind of its own...

Started by spanksy, October 04, 2017, 12:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spanksy

Long winded post sorry. And you may laugh at my expense...

I have a Mk6 GTI with the NZ New RCD310 stereo. Like this: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5461667-RCD-310-Radio

It has an issue that the service agents can't fix and is driving me mad:

I have a series of 6 stations preset on the Head unit, with FM1, Station 1 being the one I listen to the most, GeorgeFM.

Issues:
1) When I get and start the car, even though I left it on FM1/1, it defaults to PlanetFM, MoreFM or FLAVA. None of which are stored in the RCD's FM1 or FM2 band store.
>> Some have said this is Key related, however I only have 1 key.

2) If I get in and start the car, switch it to FM1/1, then put the car in reverse, change the temperature (or use any setting that involves the screen to display something other than radio) it will switch to PlanetFM, MoreFM or Flava.

3) The MFD display has a series of stations which do include a mix of stations, not all matching the RCD310's and not including all of the stations it decides I should listen to - e.g. Flava is not on the list.

What I expected was:

1) Presets on the radio stay put unless I reset them
2) They match the MFD display (allowing me to scroll using the steering wheel controls)
3) If there is a key memory, it should remember the FM1/1 by default?

Or is it simply the car is possessed.... >:D

slowmo

Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

schattenblau

yes, your stereo should remember the station it was last on.

car is import with nz stereo ?

maybe some canbus funnies going on.

cut your losses and get a new stereo.

spanksy

Thanks, no the car is NZ New with nz stereo.

Agreed it may not like George, I hadn't considered that.

spanksy

Discovered 3 issues:

1) the car had DT button on, so would autoscan
2) the microphone button on the steering wheel was sticky so would default to that on startup
3) MFD setting was incorrect

Having resolved this it all works as it should