RCD330

Started by Jpstewy, February 23, 2024, 04:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jpstewy

Hi there, I'm looking to buy a RCD330 for my MK5 but don't know where is the best option to buy one from. I see a lot on Ali Express but I'm not sure what quality they are and there are so many. Does anyone have any experience with purchasing a RCD330 and where did you get it from? Thanks.

thomas.dq

I got mine from Aliexpress back in 2017 and it was a great upgrade, had no issues with it whatsoever.
2020 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
2016 Nissan Leaf

1997 Mk3 Golf VR6
2010 Mk6 Golf GTI

Jpstewy

Did you use a CANBUS gateway?

thomas.dq

Quote from: Jpstewy on February 23, 2024, 09:09:54 PMDid you use a CANBUS gateway?

Nah didn't change anything else other than the stereo. Mine was in a MK6 though so might be something required for the MK5.
2020 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
2016 Nissan Leaf

1997 Mk3 Golf VR6
2010 Mk6 Golf GTI

Worms

I think MK5's with a gateway earlier than suffix K??? need upgrading.

Both our Tourans are 2006, march and June, from memory. Mine needed the can Gateway upgraded, so I went for a much newer version. I can't recall if hers "required" it, but I did it anyway and I had some other functions I wanted anyway.

I have a "Noname" with carplay and Android auto in my Touran and the Mrs has a "Desay" with Carplay and the wierd chinese Baidu thing.

Hers is fine for hands free and normal functions.

Mine is handy for the Android Auto, so I can use actual navigation etc. Mine is the car we take for family trips mostly.

Had them for years, but I got hers really cheap on Trademe, but mine was from AliExpress and cost about 3 times what hers did.

Usually, you're WAY better off using a seller with good reviews online and on Aliexpress.

Jpstewy

The Red Warrior

There are even some sellers on Aliexpress that sell them as a bundle (stereo and gateway).