A4 2.0T Low Oil Pressure nightmare, BGB Engine

Started by kingy, October 10, 2017, 05:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingy

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit of a newbie to all this but due to my car breaking down I've decided to become an Audi mechanic...

So yeah anyway long story short, oil pickup gauze got clogged, low oil pressure, damaged cam journals. Have got the gauze un-clogged and oil pressure is back, but not running great and some obvious damage to the cam journals. Just two of them damaged up by the fuel pump. (see pic).

So I'm half contemplating just cleaning up these journals and seeing what happens.. keen to hear your thoughts on that. I know its a bit risky, but it was running with this damage!

Or secondly I'm thinking of replacing just the head as doesn't appear to be any further damage.
My engine is a BGB and the car is a 2006 A4 Quattro Turbo, but am wondering if I can take a head from any of the 2.0 FSI engines from the VW and Audi range? Fox example a BLX. Some people have mentioned on forums this is possible. But wondering if anyone knows a definitive answer here?

Hope someone can help!

GLIDN

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

kingy

Quote from: GLIDN on October 14, 2017, 11:27:57 PM
I have a CDL long block available..

Oh yeah whats the specs on that? Would it be a simple swap over?

GLIDN

Quote from: kingy on October 15, 2017, 09:56:24 AM
Oh yeah whats the specs on that? Would it be a simple swap over?

CDL engine is a Golf R engine. Swap all your parts over. Then you are good to go.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning