Author Topic: MK4 R32 - ECU ReMap  (Read 1378 times)

Offline GLIDN

• ##
Re: MK4 R32 - ECU ReMap
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2017, 05:45:07 pm »
I can't say that vague photo of a dyno screen does anything to make me less skeptical. I mean who's dyno was that? When was that done?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, each to their own. I guess what you're saying is that VAG, with their millions of dollars and years of R&D, trying to sell performance cars in a highly competitive car market are leaving a lot of gains on the table with their NA engine mapping. Doesn't make sense to me but if people are happy to buy the maps and happy with the results then that's up to them.

Well they do spend loads on R&D in a sense of fitting one model into all regions, fuel types and markets.
Yes, some markets have the ability to go more.

If we followed this train of thought? It would be impossible to unlock close to 80kw of power out of a Golf R by adding a few bolt on parts.
Therefore it's all relative.

If any of the Admin, don't mind me advertising company name or the likes?
I'll post it up.
Top Secret Project
MK3 GTI 16v Tornado Red - under the knife soon
Mk3 12v VR6 Variant
MK5 GTI DSG - Unitronic Stage 1 | Stage 1 DSG | Unitronic Intake |Tuned by HSP Tuning |
MK6 GTI DSG -  Unitronic Stage 2 | Stage 1 DSG | Unitronic Intake

Offline McDoof

Re: MK4 R32 - ECU ReMap
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 09:51:58 am »
I can't say that vague photo of a dyno screen does anything to make me less skeptical. I mean who's dyno was that? When was that done?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, each to their own. I guess what you're saying is that VAG, with their millions of dollars and years of R&D, trying to sell performance cars in a highly competitive car market are leaving a lot of gains on the table with their NA engine mapping. Doesn't make sense to me but if people are happy to buy the maps and happy with the results then that's up to them.

VW does mass manufacturing. Each engine is slightly different. So they tune the car with the lowest common denominator in mind, then take a bit more out in case they got one wrong so that they don't end up with warranty issues. Each factory tune is done to provide the same experience with each and every car the rolls off the factory floor. That goes for power, economy, emissions and even down to the way the car sounds.

So what the leaves is a bit of headroom. Some cars have more than others even if they have come off the same assembly line.

This is the same thing across all mass produced vehicles.

NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning