Lamin-X

Started by RobClubley, November 14, 2017, 12:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClubley

I'm looking at getting some clear Lamin-X film for the quattro headlights and foglights to protect the glass from stone chips. I used it on the Skoda lights, to tint them and it's quite thick, so will do a good job of protecting them. A single 12" x 24" sheet should do the trick for the Audi.

Anyone know of anything available locally that's similar? Or if not does anyone want to combine postage on anything while I'm ordering from the US?
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

Worms

I put "Lite-Skinz" on Dads old E30 BMW.

It was really thick, nad wasn't tinted as such, but wasn't 100% clear either.

FYI, though you probably know this - any kind of tint film stuck on your headlights is technically a WOF failure.

black16v

I think Repco still do Lite-Skinz.
1988 MK II GTI 16V

Worms

just FYI too... Dad had his E30 for about 18 years, I installed the lite-skinz just after he got it and I peeled them off when I put it up for sale for him - they were a bit pitted, and grubby around the edges, but it was him and mums only cars for a fair few of the years they had it. They lasted well.

They're still on it this pic - you can just see the grubby marks around the edge when a small amount of the backing was exposed (zoom!) - they do give the lights a slight grey tinge which looked nice:

(Really though... this forum just needs more pics, and i loved his car!  :laugh:)

EDIT: https://www.partmaster.co.nz/accessories/lite-skinz-universal-595x180mm-1905568?returnurl=%2fsearch%3fq%3dlite-skinz

RobClubley

Cool, thanks. Will give them a go.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily