Author Topic: Shopping questions  (Read 625 times)

Offline GLIDN

• ##
Re: Shopping questions
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 04:34:30 pm »
Hey all shopping for a new car for myself. I've been driving BMW's for a while but thought a mk6 gti or R might make a nice change. Sorry if these are covered elsewhere - have had a look but couldn't find...
1. Looking at gti 35 edition or maybe r - do these have a belt or chain? Service internals for these items?
2. Suggested maint for a used purchase? At present I'm assuming dsg\haldex but anything else?
3. Recommended repairer on the North Shore?

And car audio... I'm a little old school. I used to post on NZICE but haven't been on in years and it doesn't look to be running quite like it used to... It used to be standard to replace the h\u, speakers and add an amp\sub - and this is pretty simple in older BMW's. I'm not sure the same is true anymore in either BMW or VW. So what are the options?

Car I looked at today is a gti with some carrozzeria h/u that would need to come out. Looking through posts people seem to like rcd330's? Are these genuine VW units?

Cheers for your time.

Welcome aboard bud, you may or may not remember me from NZICE.
Top Secret Project
MK3 GTI 16v Tornado Red - under the knife soon
Mk3 12v VR6 Variant
MK5 GTI DSG - Unitronic Stage 1 | Stage 1 DSG | Unitronic Intake |Tuned by HSP Tuning |
MK6 GTI DSG -  Unitronic Stage 2 | Stage 1 DSG | Unitronic Intake

Offline tusk

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 09:45:46 am »
Hey Gildn - yeah I remember you. You helped me with some question I had back in the day replacing the ex's passat headunit.

Cheers for the welcome  8)

Offline GLIDN

• ##
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 08:22:55 pm »
send me a message bud.
pop thru to our shop one late night evening.
You can see what we are up to and what we continue building.

Happy to help you with the new purchase also.
Top Secret Project
MK3 GTI 16v Tornado Red - under the knife soon
Mk3 12v VR6 Variant
MK5 GTI DSG - Unitronic Stage 1 | Stage 1 DSG | Unitronic Intake |Tuned by HSP Tuning |
MK6 GTI DSG -  Unitronic Stage 2 | Stage 1 DSG | Unitronic Intake