Where have all the B5 RS4's gone?

Started by KA2S4, December 14, 2017, 05:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KA2S4

About a year ago there was always at least one on Trademe but there hasn't been one for sale on there for about 9 months...

Perhaps they have all fallen into the hands of long term owners (like myself)

Anyone else noticed this?

I was keeping an eye on values, but that's not happening now.

Do you guys think they are appreciating yet, holding steady or still going down?

James
'01 B5 RS4 Black   
'99 NZ Golf GTI black
'67 Cooper S "works replica"
'64 Cooper S 970cc
'62 cooper 997

slowburn

99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

KA2S4

I was specifically referring to the B5 RS.
'01 B5 RS4 Black   
'99 NZ Golf GTI black
'64 Cooper S 970cc
'62 cooper 997

RS ZWEI

Quote from: KA2S4 on December 14, 2017, 05:46:22 PM
About a year ago there was always at least one on Trademe but there hasn't been one for sale on there for about 9 months...

Perhaps they have all fallen into the hands of long term owners (like myself)

Anyone else noticed this?

I was keeping an eye on values, but that's not happening now.

Do you guys think they are appreciating yet, holding steady or still going down?

James

I think they have got into the hands of enthusiasts. More than likely most of them would be second/weekend cars.
I would think around 2 years ago would have been the the bottom of the price curve for B5 RS4's.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

mangusta

Been keeping an eye on them,a few have ended up in aussie,seen 3 running for 34-55ish aus,on aus,car sites...one clearly said its a nz car.In europe..around 70 aus..in the uk anything from 25-50 thousand pounds,looks like there following the rs2s up so who knows where thats going to stop....The same thing happened a couple of years ago with ferrari testarossas here..going circa 85 nz..they ended up getting imported to england and values were 110 thousnd pounds or more.Make sure your cars have enough value on the for insurance,as if you have a right off and want another b5rs4..its going to have to come in from overseas.cheers Markhttps://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/audi/rs-4/2001/501199http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C910849

grale

When I bought mine in February this year, there were three on Trade Me ranging in price from low-twenty to mid-thirty thousand dollars.
I bought the Misano red one with 79kms from new and GmbH original spec bits. Paid mid thirties, spent another 20% at Brodies inc cambelt and thorough going-over/ preventative maintenance. I'd expect $40k plus were I to sell it now. One of perhaps 500 RHD worldwide. Still cheap in NZ in my opinion!

mangusta

heres a nice blue job...im thinking a good to mint one here has to start at 45 nz...i think there def,on the move with the rs2.2001 ...https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C943780

KA2S4

Interesting comments, thanks guys.

That blue one is stunning isn't it!
But it's a 100k NZD car landed here...

I had a feeling they would be going up, which is why I jumped on mine a couple of years ago when it was $20k and 95km.

J

'01 B5 RS4 Black   
'99 NZ Golf GTI black
'64 Cooper S 970cc
'62 cooper 997

weta.worker

Heres mine. 

Still waiting on bearings for the gearbox (on route via mechanic) and then the rebuilt gearbox can rejoin the rebuilt engine and make its way back to the body. 

Then the plan is to get it mobile and start on the car detailing path and rotate.  So I'm thinking long term hoarding!

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

slowburn

99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Poonmobile

Quote from: weta.worker on December 27, 2017, 02:19:47 PM
Heres mine. 

Still waiting on bearings for the gearbox (on route via mechanic) and then the rebuilt gearbox can rejoin the rebuilt engine and make its way back to the body. 

Then the plan is to get it mobile and start on the car detailing path and rotate.  So I'm thinking long term hoarding!

Thats been ages :( why so long for the gearbox to be repaired?
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

weta.worker

Quote from: Poonmobile on January 04, 2018, 12:18:01 PM
Thats been ages :( why so long for the gearbox to be repaired?

They were sourcing bearings.  Turns out they have all arrived so they are putting things back together!

On a related note (for the thread) - https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/audi/auction-1517911074.htm
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

le mans

Good news JY!

As for the car for sale, think that was priced at $20 private sale about a year ago.

RS_OLLIE

Hi guys,

I?m loosely on the hunt if anyone has one for sale, B5 RS4 only please.
Send me a message, I?m in the UK working at the moment so not in a screaming rush, but also happy to chat if something nice turns up.  Cheers.
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS - Sold
BMW E30 M3 - Sold
Nissan R32 GTR

grale

The North Shore dealer with the Misano red B5 RS4 on TM has now swapped its 18" eight spokes for black 19" after-market rims (and upped his asking price by $5k). He still has the 18" rims with tyres, but is asking silly money for them. Presume they're factory items, but haven't seen them. Just posting in case anyone is looking for a set.

GLIDN

Quote from: grale on March 03, 2018, 08:25:20 PM
The North Shore dealer with the Misano red B5 RS4 on TM has now swapped its 18" eight spokes for black 19" after-market rims (and upped his asking price by $5k). He still has the 18" rims with tyres, but is asking silly money for them. Presume they're factory items, but haven't seen them. Just posting in case anyone is looking for a set.

I did go look at that car to purchase myself. But it's not very tidy by any standards

Clear peeling on the rear roof and around the roof racks.
Interior is broken, Carbon trim cracked
Paint in average condition
Even thou it appears that loads of maintenance has been done on the vehicle?
All cambelt covers are broken and glued back together

Things like this, which made me walk away and continue looking instead.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

le mans

Quote from: grale on March 03, 2018, 08:25:20 PM
How much did he want for the wheels? Did he have part numbers? Some cars still have the bendy wheels.

grale

$2500 - I didn't pursue it after that. Don't even know whether there are four or five.