RCD330+ Head Unit Install - Highly Recommended

Started by ethan_rose, December 19, 2017, 10:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bravo

Awesome!

Then sideload AnyAuto Audio from XDA developers and you can play music over AA using any music app. Just successfully trialled SoundCloud. Even displays album art.

It's also an effective work around for the problem I was having with accessing music on my device.

Now we're getting somewhere!

ethan_rose

Quote from: ethan_rose on January 08, 2018, 04:58:44 PM
Got the new unit today (see above for link) and installed. Hardware version 534, software 5314.

Works great, just the same as the previous one but with Android Auto instead of Baidu Carlife and red details on the various pages instead of yellow.

So a quick follow up, unit is working well except I get no Siri voice, regardless of what settings I try under the 'Siri & Search' options, or in accessibility. I have a friend with the RCD330+ who initially had problems and also a family member with a JVC CarPlay head unit who can't get her Siri voice to work either.

Any else been seeing this?

Besides this I have the a CarPlay only version of the RCD330+ which this one replaced, so if anyone wants to take that off my hands i'll give it to you for what I paid. Please DM me if you're interested.
MY09 Scirocco 2.0T

bravo

For those trying to get their OEM camera working with this unit, or even better - have managed to get it working, please check out my new thread below:

OEM Camera Connection Thread

ethan_rose

Quote from: ethan_rose on January 17, 2018, 01:13:40 PM
So a quick follow up, unit is working well except I get no Siri voice, regardless of what settings I try under the 'Siri & Search' options, or in accessibility. I have a friend with the RCD330+ who initially had problems and also a family member with a JVC CarPlay head unit who can't get her Siri voice to work either.

Any else been seeing this?

Besides this I have the a CarPlay only version of the RCD330+ which this one replaced, so if anyone wants to take that off my hands i'll give it to you for what I paid. Please DM me if you're interested.

Quick update, fixed the Siri issue by downgrading firmware version to 5314.
MY09 Scirocco 2.0T

bravo

Repost from firmware thread but thought some people would likely look here and be interested in my experience.

I have the AliExpress crngiar 187B running Android Auto with FW 5515 (not car life). Car is a MY09 R36.

If I'd known the seller would've put a lower price on the customs form I'd have tried the 187E but I didn't and the duty would've killed it.

Works ok except:

Highline camera not compatible so no camera as of yet

Android Auto hangs on a semi-regular basis and I have to reboot (long press of power button). Could be a phone compatibility issue (LG G6+) as at first it wouldn't work at all until I enabled USB debugging.

Callers complain of an echo.

Steering wheel buttons don't work due to incompatible can language. I have the 8-button wheel and red MFD. Newer 12-button wheels and colour MFD apparently work ok.

Fairly often calls answer on handset or speakerphone mode not Bluetooth. Sometimes I can hit the Bluetooth button on the screen and it works, sometimes not.

Otherwise everything else is pretty good. Love google maps and OK Google. Have sideloaded AnyAutoAudio and Carstream so I can stream SoundCloud and YouTube.  Sound quality is good and fade controls work fine.

Just wish I could eliminate the bugs.

Suppose it's ok for just $400. Shame there isn't something just a bit better for under a grand. Anything that seems to work properly is a few thousand bucks.

GLIDN

I found all firmware version on these units to work inconsistently on android Auto.

Regarding the steering wheel button issue on mk5 or red MFD equipped cars?
I may have found a working solution. Will report back in the next 2 weeks once I have installed and tested the solution on my own car.
currently waiting on it back from paint adjustments being made.

I'll also look into a reversing camera integration as well. To see if there is a way to incorporate OEM RVC.
I do however know the Japanese import RVC will not work. As they have a weird electronic box in line with RVC and RCD510/RNS510.

Installing an OEM NZ RCD/RNS510 with RVC input. Would not work no matter what coding was done. So there are additional pin outs I suspect being used on Japanese vs NZ New version of the OEM radios.

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

portmanteau

Quote from: bravo on March 10, 2018, 12:23:30 AM
Steering wheel buttons don't work due to incompatible can language. I have the 8-button wheel and red MFD. Newer 12-button wheels and colour MFD apparently work ok

See new thread
'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q