?Sport Mode? Edition 35 Gti DSG

Started by Chchgti35, December 21, 2017, 09:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chchgti35

Can anyone tell me exactly what changes occur to the vehicle when ?S? is engaged? I am aware of throttle blip on down shifts, increased exhaust note, much increased acceleration. Any other subtle changes that happen ?
My wife actually engaged it today my son tells me, on purpose for goodness sake.
There is hope after all.

thomas.dq

It is a prerequisite for launch control  ;D

Also holds the current gear for a lot longer than drive.
2020 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
2016 Nissan Leaf

1997 Mk3 Golf VR6
2010 Mk6 Golf GTI

schattenblau

we are talking about the s gearbox mode ?

holds gear almost to redline.
but equally will downshift quickly when your road speed drops.

increased responsiveness but not more acceleration.

in town it keeps the revs up, uses more gas and makes you look like a noddy.

:laugh:

deedub

I kind of wish there was something between S and D. In D mode it runs up the gears far too quickly, but in S it's ridiculous.
I like the earlier downshift in S but the gear hold is annoying. End up using in in M most of the time.
1983 T25 Microbus - keep forever, never finish
1988 mk2 Golf 2L 16v - work in progress

Chchgti35

Cheers all, yes have noted the gear hold and will change down at the slightlest suggestion you may be slowing down or if it decides you are just not driving fast enough.

ranton-inc

And if you have enough Jiggawatts to power the flux capacitor at 88mph you will go back to the 80's

Naekyr

Quote from: deedub on December 22, 2017, 03:35:22 PM
I kind of wish there was something between S and D. In D mode it runs up the gears far too quickly, but in S it's ridiculous.
I like the earlier downshift in S but the gear hold is annoying. End up using in in M most of the time.

There is haha it?s called a dsg tune you can raise the drive mode shift points to your liking at the cost of fuel economy of course