Impressed by fuel consumption on Golf 35

Started by Chchgti35, January 03, 2018, 12:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chchgti35

Took the golf on a road trip yesterday, a little bit of hill work (ChCh to Fairlie via Geraldine) and got back with fuel consumption 1 reading 7.8 L/100kms and overall reduced from 9.8 town cycle to 7.9. Of course VW computer would only ever tell the whole truth and nothing but, does this sound within the realms of expectation for this engine ? I was driving it pretty modestly as I had my wife in the car plus I am old so there was not much rev limiter being used. Using 98 petrol

Worms

It should be very possible - especially with gentle driving on a turbo car. Flat, contant (low-ish) speed motorway would do better, obviously.

I once got our E39 BMW 525i (manual) down to 7.0L/100 km (I've verified our OBC is roughly correct), with just me in the car, from Whangarei to Warkworth - no motorways here! I started off with economy in mind... just for fun, so cruised gently and used hills to coast etc... but made sure not to annoy other drivers, and there was very little traffic. Normal gentle longer trips are about 8 to 8.5 100/kms... but 11.4 around town with wifey driving!

I once drove to Kawakawa with the wifey and 3 kids on board at 7.6L/100kms and drove home with a kidney stone... that pushed the average up to 9.something  ;D Haha! More "hurried" drive home/to the local hospital.

Trofeo

I'd certainly hope so. Yesterday's trip to the coromandel while towing a small yacht on the back of the amarok have an indicated 8.3L... However I know from experience it used far more than that. Would be more like 10L.
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi