SQ5 thoughts

Started by Arr32, January 04, 2018, 10:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arr32

Seeing a number of SQ5 (B8) on the market now and seriously considering one. I need a bigger car without sacrificing performance. Ive driven a couple now and the v6 Bi turbo diesel really surprised me! - Didn't sound like a truck either!

Looking at one with 21's (255x40x21) and heard the tyres are approx $800 (P-Zero) not many other options here per corner.

Thoughts, experiences, pros, cons and issues much appreciated.
2006 MY07 NZ Black Magic .:R32 - (Manual)
2013 MY13 NZ Candy White Tiguan R-line - (DSG) - (Sold)
2019 MY20 NZ White Tiguan R-Line with Black pack

Lunar7

I'm on my second SQ5,

I changed to the first SQ5 about a year ago, as had trouble moving the old people in an S5 coupe.
Great car, but missed the sounds and things like remote tail gate release, so have just changed to a younger version

Look a the spec of the cars, seems that there can vary quite a bit from car to car,
there are 3 basic versions, 230KW, 240KW and the 250KW plus
If sounds are important, if possble go the the B&O option, the very basic version dosent have a sub I just spent around 5k to improve the sounds on a 2016 plus

Looks like the price on the 21's has gone up as well, could now be as much as $1200 a tyre (as per Hyper Drive)

schattenblau

great cars.
fast
decent size.
fast
versatile
sound good
and
fast

:D

230kw are diesels - europe, nz
don't know about the 240kw version
260kw is asian/us market supercharged v6

prefer the look of the first gen, the latest ones with the wavy hipline look broken.

:laugh:

Arr32

Thanks for the feedback - definitely varies in options. The first one I looked at had adaptive cruise, B&O sounds and Audi drive select. The second one had the black optics, 240kw performance pack, red brake calliper and engine start button. Gets confusing. All I know is I?m going to buy one.

The 1st one actually had rear rotors and brakes replaced at 60kms. I thought that was interesting.

Quote from: Lunar7 on January 04, 2018, 01:58:49 PM
I'm on my second SQ5,

I changed to the first SQ5 about a year ago, as had trouble moving the old people in an S5 coupe.
Great car, but missed the sounds and things like remote tail gate release, so have just changed to a younger version

Look a the spec of the cars, seems that there can vary quite a bit from car to car,
there are 3 basic versions, 230KW, 240KW and the 250KW plus
If sounds are important, if possble go the the B&O option, the very basic version dosent have a sub I just spent around 5k to improve the sounds on a 2016 plus

Looks like the price on the 21's has gone up as well, could now be as much as $1200 a tyre (as per Hyper Drive)

Arr32

Quote from: schattenblau on January 04, 2018, 07:47:16 PM
great cars.
fast
decent size.
fast
versatile
sound good
and
fast

:D

230kw are diesels - europe, nz
don't know about the 240kw version
260kw is asian/us market supercharged v6

prefer the look of the first gen, the latest ones with the wavy hipline look broken.

:laugh:

Totally agree with you. And yes that wavy hip line on the 2nd gen makes the car look very odd and soft. People mover looking?

Max

Been looking for the right one to move on for ~12 months......seems I have dragged my feet too long and the diesels have dropped off the second hand market? Can't help wondering if that's a result of the new ones being available in petrol only, so the owners of the previous iteration are holding onto theirs until a diesel version of the latest model becomes availble?

schattenblau

robertson's in palmy had a nice diesel,

sold.