Pollen filter

Started by DTM, December 16, 2017, 07:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTM

Hi guys

Besides ebay and trademe I have been trying to source a pollen filter locally in Auckland. Ripco are over $100.00 which is a bit steep. Is there any where else I can try preferably on the north shore side.
Thanks

80 Vert

Really? for a cabin filter? Only around 35 from the main dealer.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

DTM

Yip I thought the guy behind the counter was joking but no. Will give the VW  agents a try. Thanks

DTM

Bought one from VW Tristram $53.00 including gst. Thanks for the advice I thought the agents would be expensive which is why I never tried them. Some parts are still reasonably priced with them.

Worms

Quote from: DTM on December 16, 2017, 01:21:48 PM
Bought one from VW Tristram $53.00 including gst. Thanks for the advice I thought the agents would be expensive which is why I never tried them. Some parts are still reasonably priced with them.

And yet you went to repco, where we KNOW everything is expensive  ;)

McDoof

If you willing to wait you can always order one off good old Aliexpress. $20 gets you a carbon filter delivered to your door.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

DTM

Quote from: McDoof on December 18, 2017, 09:58:44 AM
If you willing to wait you can always order one off good old Aliexpress. $20 gets you a carbon filter delivered to your door.

Lol yeah i should have known better especially when i was the only one in the store.

DTM

Quote from: DTM on December 18, 2017, 02:25:48 PM
Lol yeah i should have known better especially when i was the only one in the store.
Its cool already fitted the new pollen filter on Saturday.

Naekyr

careful with repco/supercheap, I've found air filters, oil filters and oil to be cheaper straight from the dealer