K-Jetronic CIS fuel pressure tester

Started by RobClubley, January 07, 2018, 03:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClubley

Does anyone in/near Wellington have a suitable fuel pressure tester for K-Jet that I could borrow please?
Something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Tool-Aid-53800-K-Jetronic-Injection/dp/B007QV0QC8
Still troubleshooting my warm stalling issue and fuel pressure or the warm up regulator pressure could be causes.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

slowburn

i'd say lane probably does.....i've been down his place a couple of times over the years.....don't know if he'd lend it out but he is probably someone you should meet as he knows his kjets.....welly local too...happy valley....holla if you wanna swing by his place sometime?
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

RobClubley

Yeah I was thinking Lane.
Though I have realised there's a squeaking/catching noise that coincides with the dip in revs. No idea where it's coming from yet. You can hear it on this video.
https://www.facebook.com/ProjectRustyquattro/videos/1219986208101673/
1985 ur quattro

slowburn

That sounds like several issues, not just fuelling but maybe also a pulley grinding on something or it kinda sounds like the power steering pump which is weird to say but that is what my mind leaps to ? hard to localise and isolate the area the sound is coming from...will give it some more listenings. I hate saying this but when i am truly stumped I throw down and get Powerhaus to have a look at something like this or someone that know these cars....like your guy in Tawa, or the South African guy at Midas in Adelaide road? or Lane?

I wish I could be more helpful as you have come so so far
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

RobClubley

Yeah I'm tempted to give it to Steve at North City. I'll have a chat with him about it.
1985 ur quattro