Home tuning kits from IE

Started by byront8, March 27, 2018, 10:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byront8

So there is a US based company called IE, who do tuning for the majority of Audis.

Currently they are only supporting US based ECUs to allow for home based flashing. I have been in contact with them for the last few weeks working to get my ECU code worked into their software to allow for ODB flashing.

There solution is elegant, a cable you connect to the car to flash the ECU, the cable can be used by anyone and you 'buy' credits for each tune you wish to install. Currently stage 1 costs $440USD, and when you upgrade to stage 2 you only pay the difference between the 2 (currently $50USD). Figures for the A4 B8 2.0TFSI are on a par with APR (APR costs $1895NZD vs $790NZD for IE) results and reviews from the US are that the tune is excellent.

I'm looking at getting some form of either groupbuy or try and figure out distribution rights into NZ, it would be interesting to know if anyone is interested in this type of item? The best thing about this is that it take 15 minutes to do and you can flash it back to stock as required.

This is their website: www.performancebyie.com

80 Vert

Sounds a lot like the system we sell from Eurodyne, you can make changes to the tune yourself once the ecu is licenced.
Eurodyne however supports most ecu's including overseas ones.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

GLIDN

ByroneT - Unitronic has offered this solution for in excess of 15+ years.
However send me a message if you would like to discuss Unitronic home tuning solution.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning