B7 RS4s with over 100k on the clock

Started by subysnax, January 08, 2018, 12:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subysnax

Hi there, can people please chime in with their thoughts on things to look out for and issues that are ones to really be concerned about when buying a car thats now hit the 10 yr mark (2007 B7 RS4).

I know the brakes can be expensive, audi fitted is something like 7-8k? How much is it if you switch it out to the Brembo kit?

A car with say 150k on the clock, as long as its serviced... are these cars reliable?

Thanks in advance :)

schattenblau

you want reliable and cheap to run, get a lexus isf.

unloved when new, these cars are great buys used.

:D

subysnax

yea, im not after a volvo

its either that or an amg c63 with low kms, but yes the price differential is dramatic but perhaps the smarter play to outlay a bit more to get the less 'used' machine

brian

Quote from: schattenblau on January 08, 2018, 02:51:51 PM
you want reliable and cheap to run, get a lexus isf.

unloved when new, these cars are great buys used.

:D

But then who wants to drive around in disguise all the time to avoid being recognised?
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

schattenblau

famous peeps like alan partridge drive lexii

;D

Poonmobile

Quote from: subysnax on January 08, 2018, 12:56:35 PM
Hi there, can people please chime in with their thoughts on things to look out for and issues that are ones to really be concerned about when buying a car thats now hit the 10 yr mark (2007 B7 RS4).

I know the brakes can be expensive, audi fitted is something like 7-8k? How much is it if you switch it out to the Brembo kit?

A car with say 150k on the clock, as long as its serviced... are these cars reliable?

Thanks in advance :)

I've had mine for just under 3 year. Bought with 119k on the clock. Brakes were done before me, but i've had to do a carbon clean which i expected to do at any rate. Apart from that I have had trouble free motoring and it gets used daily for everything. The last of the manual RS's and not shabby with 420hp on tap. they are good buying at the moment as they seem to have reached the bottom of their curve (maybe) low km ones will command a premium but if you find a well looked after one the km's shouldn't scare you.Not many wagons out there with those specs, great interior and manual.
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello