Lost Mk3 Keys...

Started by RLH, January 17, 2018, 05:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RLH

Hi all,

So, I am in a bit of a pickle. I lost the one and only key for my Mk3 VR6 (it only came with one and I was foolish enough not to get another). I have gone to conti's and asked them to order me 2 new keys from VW, however I have just received the following; "Unfortunately the key cutting code that was listed for your car was entered incorrectly when the car was first loaded into VW?s system". Given I can't simply order a new key from VW, could anyone please provide any advice they may have to source keys for my car.

Cheers,
Jack

ranton-inc

vonripsnorter

Quote from: RLH on January 17, 2018, 05:54:02 PM
Hi all,

So, I am in a bit of a pickle. I lost the one and only key for my Mk3 VR6 (it only came with one and I was foolish enough not to get another). I have gone to conti's and asked them to order me 2 new keys from VW, however I have just received the following; "Unfortunately the key cutting code that was listed for your car was entered incorrectly when the car was first loaded into VW?s system". Given I can't simply order a new key from VW, could anyone please provide any advice they may have to source keys for my car.

Cheers,
Jack

Interesting one. Even though the car is older, the problem is actually VW's responsibility.