I Bought an A4! 2006 3.2 quattro

Started by RobClubley, January 29, 2018, 12:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robh

I've got some factory 18" wheels off our S-Line that would like to get rid of. 

Pretty kerbed from memory and no tyres, plus we are in Auckland so probably doesn't stack up for you.
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

RobClubley

Probably best to stick with 17s - I like the ride on this car. I have the urq for a harder ride :D Well, I will have. Soon.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

Andy_007

Quote from: RobClubley on January 30, 2018, 12:59:29 PM
Yes! Well the CD player does, I burned 6 CDs and loaded them into it this morning. Sounds really good, too.
I haven't tested the tape deck yet.

Be careful using burnt CD's, Mine got radio now has them stuck inside , supposedly pretty common from what I've heard
2007 Audii A4 Quattro 3.0TDI

RobClubley

Quote from: Andy_007 on February 01, 2018, 02:43:51 PM
Be careful using burnt CD's, Mine got radio now has them stuck inside , supposedly pretty common from what I've heard

I'd like to get some sort of Bluetooth link in there instead. The car was available with optional Bluetooth but I suspect retro-fitting would be a pain.

Got the wheel alignment done today. It wasn't far out despite the kerb grinding!

Next bit of fun - find out how bad those ditchfinder tyres are in heavy rain and wind. Wish me luck!
1985 ur quattro

schattenblau

as this will be a city beater...

keep the crap wheels, shiny new ones will just get kerbed again

and get some decent tyres if the present ones prove to be useless at staying out of ditches.

:)

Pushbutton_auto

Quote from: robh on February 01, 2018, 12:52:11 PM
I've got some factory 18" wheels off our S-Line that would like to get rid of. 

Pretty kerbed from memory and no tyres, plus we are in Auckland so probably doesn't stack up for you.

What size are they ?

and off which car ?
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

Andy_007

Quote from: RobClubley on February 01, 2018, 04:02:24 PM
I'd like to get some sort of Bluetooth link in there instead. The car was available with optional Bluetooth but I suspect retro-fitting would be a pain.

Got the wheel alignment done today. It wasn't far out despite the kerb grinding!

Next bit of fun - find out how bad those ditchfinder tyres are in heavy rain and wind. Wish me luck!

Mine has a aftermarket Bluetooth module plus a USB interface for music in the glovebox, seems to work alright , I'm pretty sure it was installed by ACAP in Auckland

slowmo

A modern Audi and a classic Audi.

Brave.
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

RobClubley

Quote from: slowmo on February 02, 2018, 07:58:22 PM
A modern Audi and a classic Audi.

Brave.

Something like that!!

It's in at the Toy Shop Wellington today for some sparkly new trans fluid and a brake fluid flush and change.
Next job is oil and filters, which I'll do myself. Checked at Supercheap and unsurprisingly none of the filters for this car were in stock.
It takes 6.5 litres of oil!
1985 ur quattro

robh

Check the oil level regularly between services.  Ours sometimes uses a little bit and other times doesn?t use any.

Not talking huge amounts, maybe 500ml.
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

RobClubley

Changed the air filter and managed to dislodge the pipe to the throttle body in the process. Not sure it was on properly as that clamp was tight!

It took me ages to get it back on using mole grips on the clamp!
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

The wife took the A4 to work today so I can get four new tyres for her Premacy. Hope she doesn't like the Audi too much.
1985 ur quattro

coleadve

Quote from: RobClubley on February 13, 2018, 12:40:12 PM
The wife took the A4 to work today so I can get four new tyres for her Premacy. Hope she doesn't like the Audi too much.

If she does, you'd just have to get another, like a 2015 A4 Quattro with 3L TDI.  Or an S4

RobClubley

Changed the oil today. It was definitely due.

1985 ur quattro

Andy_007

Must be a comfy ride with those 17" wheels and standard suspension. Mines got 19" DTM wheels along with sline suspension and RS4 sway bars, the ride is not what you'd call comfortable xD

RobClubley

Yeah it's good. Don't want to mess it up by changing too much :)
Not convinced by those cheapo tyres in the wet though, need to do something about that.
1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

Small improvements. Definitely not a mod.

1985 ur quattro

Worms

No... not a mod at all  ;)

Improvements are perfectly fine on a car that you "aren't modifiying"  :laugh:

deedub

Quote from: RobClubley on February 20, 2018, 11:31:20 AM
Yeah it's good. Don;t want to mess it up by changing too much :)
Not convinced by those cheapo tyres in the wet though, need to do something about that.

I drove on some (near new) $75 tyres on a borrowed car last month. I could not believe how bad they were, especially in surface water conditions. I guess they do no testing at all, just whack on a tread pattern that looks like it should work...
1983 T25 Microbus - keep forever, never finish
1988 mk2 Golf 2L 16v - work in progress

80 Vert

And NZ'ers just lap up cheap tyres.
Best get rid of them Rob. I wouldn't want my wife driving around on bargain basement tyres.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration