2011 A4 Quattro 7spd s-tronic service

Started by Long Black, January 30, 2018, 09:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Black

Can someone clear this up for me once and for all!!!! I have had various prices and opinions on this. I have the local dealership quote approx $750 for the service, a transmission company quote $450, my usual mechanic quote over $900 and another tells me it has a lifetime fluid. WTF!!!! I am getting paranoid as the car now has 80k on the clock and while the transmission is as smooth as silk, I don't want to end up with a huge bill down the track. I do have a after market warranty, but as I use the car for work any failure is a loss of transport and loss of earnings. I would really appreciate a accurate and knowledgeable reply on this issue.
1999 B5 VW Passat V6 Syncro Wagon - Black...gone
2007 B7 Audi A4 S-line Avant Quattro 2.0T - Black...gone
2011 B8 Audi A4 S-line Avant Quattro 2.0T - White..Gone
2008 Mk5 VW Golf GTI - Black
2012 B8 Audi S4 Avant - Brilliant Red

deedub

The guy saying it has lifetime fluid is on mushrooms. I'm not up with current DSG servicing costs, but $900 sounds ridiculous - I got the DSG, haldex, both diffs, and the engine serviced for that (a VW but you get the idea). $450 sounds in the right ballpark.
1983 T25 Microbus - keep forever, never finish
1988 mk2 Golf 2L 16v - work in progress

byront8

Quote from: Long Black on January 30, 2018, 09:09:53 PM
Can someone clear this up for me once and for all!!!! I have had various prices and opinions on this. I have the local dealership quote approx $750 for the service, a transmission company quote $450, my usual mechanic quote over $900 and another tells me it has a lifetime fluid. WTF!!!! I am getting paranoid as the car now has 80k on the clock and while the transmission is as smooth as silk, I don't want to end up with a huge bill down the track. I do have a after market warranty, but as I use the car for work any failure is a loss of transport and loss of earnings. I would really appreciate a accurate and knowledgeable reply on this issue.

$750 isn;t too far off i would say, seem to recall I paid $680 from Achibald's for my service recently on a 2010 A4 2.0TFSI

Long Black

I have recently had a full service with DSG service done as well. Car runs well , and smooth as silk. However, just one issue is annoying. When i pull up with a warm engine and sit idling for a few minutes i get a strong whiff of oil coming into the cabin. Checked under the car and it's dry as a bone...no leaks whatsoever. Can anyone enlighten me, or has anyone had similar experience?
1999 B5 VW Passat V6 Syncro Wagon - Black...gone
2007 B7 Audi A4 S-line Avant Quattro 2.0T - Black...gone
2011 B8 Audi A4 S-line Avant Quattro 2.0T - White..Gone
2008 Mk5 VW Golf GTI - Black
2012 B8 Audi S4 Avant - Brilliant Red

Grape

Yep mine the same on 2.0ltr FsI. Been told by one shop that it is an engine oil leak on to exhaust but when I have taken it back to Audi mech they claim no leaks can be found. So just put up with it.  But something has changed ??