Fuel pressure accumulator

Started by GlenT, March 26, 2018, 03:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenT

Hi guys,
Well I seem to have fixed my brake pedal going to the floor, which is a huge relief.
Unfortunately as I was checking under the car whilst it was running I noticed a small fuel leak from the fuel pressure accumulator. It is leaking around the join in it's body.
Does anyone know the part number for this item.
In all my searching I cannot find one specifically for the Ur only the normally aspirated quattro's. For my 1987 WR.

Thanks.

colingrant

From memory any Audi K Jet accumulator will do. I replaced mine with Bosch part No 438 170 040 works fine. Was your brake fault the master cylinder?

GlenT

Hi Colin,
Thanks for that.
The brake issue was interesting.
I had the MC re-sleeved and the proportioning valve re-kitted too as the pedal was going to the floor.
Once re assembled I started bleeding the brakes, The MC and prop valve then rear calipers. I thought I'd see how the pedal was feeling at this point so started the engine and the pedal went to the floor.
I was a tad despondent at that point. I only managed to get around to bleeding the fronts yesterday. I only got air out of the system when at about 420mls through the last caliper (front left). I had pushed 500mls out of the other calipers and a fair amount out through the MC and prop valve.
So it was more than likely just the MC needing a re-sleeve and seal kit. At least now the whole system has new fluid.
Once I grab a new fuel accumulator I can get a WoF and drive her for the first time in nearly 2 years.

GlenT

Just ordered the pressure accumulator from FCP Euro in the States.
Only US$130 including shipping. Cheapest OEM one I found and in stock.
Fingers crossed it'll be here in a week or so and I can boogie...

John Stone

Haha ordered one from the US last week - probably the same place too.

Way better than UK prices @Stg200.00

WR quattro Bosch part #0438170027/Audi #857201220 as sourced via the late Phil Payne's site

I believe some others - like the one Colin bought is much the same - if it works then it's good enough

86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

GlenT

Hi John,
Yeah I noticed all the UK sellers were around double the price or more compared to the one's from the States.
The one I ordered and Colin has is listed for other 2.2l I5 Audi turbo's so it'll be fine. I notice the 0438170027 is also listed for the VW Rabbit so they are used on all sorts if different vehicles.
Really cant wait to drive her again. Been so long. Probably find some other issues no doubt.
I have been running her up to temp every week or two and moving her back and forth in the garage to make sure the clutch plate didn't bind to the fly wheel and to keep all the juices moving around.

Regards,   Glen

GlenT

Hey John,

Could you let me know where you purchased your accumulator from.
I just had an email from the business I ordered mine from saying they are out of stock (their website stated differently, Grrr)

Thanks,   Glen

John Stone

Hi Glen here's the link for the item - queautoparts1 (154931) item - Audi Volkswagen Bosch Fuel Injection Fuel Accumulator 0438170027 / 431133441C

In the "My garage" section of the E Bay page it says this item is not compatible however Phil Payne states it is the original item to search for - I will go with his opinion.
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5