Spare Key Fob / Programming

Started by mobiusnz, February 28, 2018, 08:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobiusnz

Hi guys - Got my daughter a MK5 TDI recently and I love it - Damn nice car to drive. I joined here a while back, asked a question about her MK4 leaking coolant - Not long after that a drunk driver wrote it and a friends car off parked on the side of the road so now we have the Mk5

We only got one key with it - And so far my understanding is:

Genuine Key from Miles Continental                                     $630 (Ouch)
Aftermarket (Maybe? - Maybe genuine?) via Locksmith          $180 ish programmed
Key / Blank Transponder from Aliexpress                              $20

My concern is although we don't NEED a spare key if she looses the one we have then I have no choice but to pay top dollar at the Dealership as the Locksmiths clone the Transponder rather than coding a new one to the car?? Not 100% sure, some of them may be reading the SKC code from the car maybe?? Anyone know?

Anyone here got VAGTACHO and successfully retrieved their SKC code and learned a new Transponder and Remote successfully??

Anyone in Christchurch that can help me out - Happy to pay, just hopefully a bit cheaper than $180 - I've got a key from Aliexpress on the way as it was under $20 and I figured if I end up trying it myself better to get it on the way here while I research as stuff from China can take a looong time.

Also I have a card in the original manual from the dealer as its NZ new with a four digit code - I'm picking thats just the code for the stereo?? I heard the dealers use to supply the SKC some time back so I wondered.

ERRRNO

Hey mate. I have software that can supply that SKC code you want. If you want to go one step further I can help you source a new key and program it for you.

Cheers
Arno

PS I?m on holiday overseas so I?ll be able to help you out as soon as I get back next week. Otherwise I can refer you to the VW king himself who currently has my software if you?re not keen on waiting.
Black 3door Mk4 TDI - Elite Motorsport Hyper miler
Tornado Red Mk5 2.0 TFSI Variant - Elite Motorsport Stage 2
White Mk6 GTI DSG - Elite Motorsport Stage 1

ERRRNO

Oh and I will be based in Christchurch in the near future but will be making a few trips downs there in the meanwhile.

ERRRNO

I have flghts booked for 30th March and departing chch on the 2nd if you're wanting this done still